Stocking up for winter???

Discussion in 'Cheese' started by alaskanbear, Jul 22, 2011.

1. alaskanbear

alaskanbear Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Sounds like as good as an excuse as any to smoke some cheese!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GOODNESS I just love cold smoked cheese, these were in Hickory for 4.5 hours..then vacuumed sealed and put in the waiting refrigerator.. 11 days hard to wait, but its soooo worth it.

Thanks for the look,

Rich

2. [​IMG]

Good Lord...THAT looks good! Cheese, Cheese, CHEESE!!!!!

3. Looks good to me. I doubt it will last til winter Rich. [​IMG]

4. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Looks great, nice to see a little sweat on them. [​IMG]

5. solaryellow

solaryellow Limited Mod Group Lead

Winter is still 4 months away. :(

Looks good AB!

6. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looks great, nice color!

Just did a batch myself, the wait sucks!

7. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Rich do you hang the stove on the wall in Alaska [​IMG]

it looks great  and yummy all these cheese

8. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Perfect looking Cheese, Rich !!!

Thanks for showing!

Bear

9. Winter - must be a state of mind as that cheese wont make it past the end of the month as good as it looked.  Seeing all the recent cheese threads I had to do some yesterday.  I have a few sacrifice chunks that are offered up as a diversion from the vacuum sealed ones...so far it keeps them safe (until the sacrificial chunks are gone) for the hold time.

John

10. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Yep looks real good....

11. that is some good looking cheese! might we guess from Costco? FYI Costco has some hard XXX Sharp White Artisenal cheese (Yancey's) right now that is outstandin when smoked

Tom

12. alaskanbear

alaskanbear Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Tom,

Yes from Costco and TYVM for the heads up on the white XX cheese, thats IF our Anchorage store carries it..  We'll see.

Rich

13. ellymae

ellymae Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

OOOhhhhh,,, I so need to smoke some more cheese...

14. otter

otter Meat Mopper

Looks GREAT A/Bear been really wanting to try cold smokeing but my funds will not allow that yet but looking to do this soon .

15. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I'm in the same boat with Otter,low funds[​IMG],but I'll be getting an AMNS to use in my upright[​IMG].

16. smokin vegas

smokin vegas Smoking Fanatic

We just got a Cajun Injection Smoker and have been doing all types of meat with success.  I have never smoked cheese.  I live in Vegas so I have to wait til November so it doesn't melt just being outside.  Could you share the process of smoking cheese please? 

Thanks,

Smokin' Vegas

17. X2

18. Smokin Vegas and Ejbreeze, here is some info on smoking cheese. I've been reading up a lot on it...It's been getting down into the 40's here at night, I'm stoked! Just gotta order my A-Mazn-Smoker!

Good luck and happy smoking!

19. Thanks.  Over 95 degrees here today so I think I need to wait for some cooler temps.  Or I could just eat some of yours....[​IMG]

20. teeznuts

teeznuts Master of the Pit

Sorry for the hijack AlaskanBear.

Hey guys here's a recent one I did. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/110754/wheew-i-cut-the-cheese-with-q-view-update  Just fill your water pan with a block of ice or a big pile of ice cubes and you should be fine. You want the cheese to sweat a little anyways. Do your smoke at night when it's cooler out. Only need 2-3 hours of smoke. Here's cubes instead of blocked ice.

[​IMG]