Stocking up for winter???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alaskanbear

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 24, 2011
Winnsboro, Texas
Sounds like as good as an excuse as any to smoke some cheese!!

395a9516_SNV30457.jpg

4052efad_SNV30459.jpg

e02ad880_SNV30458.jpg

998a1008_SNV30460.jpg

97c38d82_SNV30461.jpg

a60275c1_SNV30486.jpg

bda322f4_SNV30463.jpg

GOODNESS I just love cold smoked cheese, these were in Hickory for 4.5 hours..then vacuumed sealed and put in the waiting refrigerator.. 11 days hard to wait, but its soooo worth it.

Thanks for the look,

Rich

Winter - must be a state of mind as that cheese wont make it past the end of the month as good as it looked.  Seeing all the recent cheese threads I had to do some yesterday.  I have a few sacrifice chunks that are offered up as a diversion from the vacuum sealed ones...so far it keeps them safe (until the sacrificial chunks are gone) for the hold time.

John

Tom,

Yes from Costco and TYVM for the heads up on the white XX cheese, thats IF our Anchorage store carries it..  We'll see.

Rich

We just got a Cajun Injection Smoker and have been doing all types of meat with success.  I have never smoked cheese.  I live in Vegas so I have to wait til November so it doesn't melt just being outside.  Could you share the process of smoking cheese please? 

Thanks,

Smokin' Vegas

Smokin Vegas and Ejbreeze, here is some info on smoking cheese. I've been reading up a lot on it...It's been getting down into the 40's here at night, I'm stoked! Just gotta order my A-Mazn-Smoker!

Good luck and happy smoking!

Sorry for the hijack AlaskanBear.

We just got a Cajun Injection Smoker and have been doing all types of meat with success.  I have never smoked cheese.  I live in Vegas so I have to wait til November so it doesn't melt just being outside.  Could you share the process of smoking cheese please? 

Thanks,

Smokin' Vegas

Hey guys here's a recent one I did. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/110754/wheew-i-cut-the-cheese-with-q-view-update  Just fill your water pan with a block of ice or a big pile of ice cubes and you should be fine. You want the cheese to sweat a little anyways. Do your smoke at night when it's cooler out. Only need 2-3 hours of smoke. Here's cubes instead of blocked ice.

0d6b543a_IMGP2970.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky