Steak Sliders .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
I did this one awhile ago . Sometimes I save the pics , and I don't know where I put them . Stumbled across these cleaning out some files .
Thought I would put it out there . I think this was a meal when everyone else was gone .
I used teres major or petite tenders for this . I've posted cooks using this cut before . It's great for a lot of different meals .
I seasoned up with my usual Canadian steak seasoning . Wrapped and in the fridge over night .
20220219_155741.jpg
Next day I let it warm up on the counter a bit . I don't rinse these .
20220219_155817.jpg
I honestly don't remember what I smoked this on ,
but it was smoked ,
20220219_172515.jpg
Then seared . The sear really tightened it up , but it's completely tender .
20220219_174151.jpg
While all that was going on I hand cut some russets .
This is after soaking the starch out . I probably change the water 5 or 6 times
until it runs clear . You can see how white they look .
20220219_162947.jpg
Then into a low oven . Maybe 200 or so for a bit to par cook .
20220219_171335.jpg
Slider rolls from GFS . They're my favorite for sliders .
20220219_170032.jpg
Buttered up and toasted .
20220219_170109.jpg
20220219_171459.jpg
Beef rested enough , time to slice . Just a great cut of beef .
20220219_174534.jpg
Fries were finished in Crisco shortening in my cast iron dutch oven .
The horseradish sauce came from zwiller zwiller . It's really good . I have some temporary
blindness horseradish , but this is nice and mild with just enough bite . Really liked it .
20220219_174909.jpg
20220219_174913.jpg
This was a good simple meal . Sometimes when it's just you , they are the best .
The soak and par cook on the fries makes them . Crisp outside and creamy in the middle .
Just a simple cook . Thought I would post it .

Boy do those sliders and fries look good Rich. Way to go!!!

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
Love to sit down to a meal like that! Toasting the buns always adds to it as well!

Ryan

Boy do those sliders and fries look good Rich. Way to go!!!
Thanks bud . I just got some more out of the freezer .
Love to sit down to a meal like that! Toasting the buns always adds to it as well!
Straight down to KC then 4 hours across the state . I'll be waiting .
Thanks for the comments .

Damm Rich, your slider plate and a bottle of Rolling Rock, I'd be in hog heaven! Nice work bud! RAY

My kind of meal !!!
Thanks . Yup , mine too .
Rich, the sliders do look great. But those fries caught my eye. Excellent.
Thanks for the comment . If you haven't soaked the fries , try it , and the par cook to dry them . I do them just as I did here , but go into the air fryer instead of oil . Great results also .
Great job on these. The steak is done perfectly. Great choice on the horseradish too. We love it round here.
Thanks . I can't buy it local . I love the Stadium mustard also . Haven't tried the Bertman's mustard yet . Might have to order some .

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky