Steak and cakes.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
After checking out Joe's, xray xray crab cakes. I knew what was on the horizon. And last night was the time.

IMG_0163.jpg

I've been using this crab meat for awhile now. And I get great results with it. Though, this can wasn't as "lumpy" as usual. Not a big deal.

IMG_0166.jpg

Cakes made. And in the fridge to firm up.

IMG_016911.jpg

Did the strips again. Cut into medallions. And wrapped with bacon. Seasoned with cracked pepper and sea salt.

IMG_0170.jpg

On the Weber with charcoal and a couple chunks of hickory.

IMG_0172.jpg

Got the candle going. I donated a pint of blood I swear for this meal.

IMG_0175.jpg

Steaks done.

IMG_0174.jpg

Cakes are done. These were broiled for about 15 minutes.

IMG_0178.jpg

Plated up with some roasted Asparagus. Delicious meal!

Damn Steve that’s a hell of a nice dinner! Probably better than something you’d get at a fancy restaurant. 3 bacon wrapped medallions and 3 crab cakes, I’d be stuffed!

Nice job, Steve. I haven't made them in awhile and 2 threads about them, now I've got a powerful hankering for them...

Steve wow!! As someone else said that’s 5 star rating at its finest!! Steaks are perfect and between you and Joe I’m dying for some crab cakes now!

Meal looks fantastic Steve! I haven't had crab cakes in forever!

Ryan

Beautiful surf and turf Steve, that meal would be well worth waiting all day to sit down to. RAY

Oh my, that look delicious! Fantastic meal Steve, and very well presented.

Steve....a truly stunning meal!! That is a gorgeous plate of food and possibly the best looking plate I've seen you show us. I gotta say though, that candle looks like 3 fried eggs :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: TNJAKE
Really nice! If I was making that meal for family, my plate would be Identical! Beef, Crab and Asparagus are a favorite combination...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky