Started smoking last week. Have questions.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
here ya go let me know if we need more.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Acroynm
1 SMF What Most of Us Endearingly Call The Smoking Meat Forums
2 ECB El Cheapo Brinkmann
3 phd Post Hole Digger
4 ABT Atomic Buffalo Turd - A stuffed smoked jalepeno pepper
5 BGE Big Green Egg
6 BSKD Brinkmann Smoke King Deluxe
7 EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 GOSM Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain Smoker
9 BCC Beer Can Chicken
10 MES Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse
11 WSM Weber Smoky Mountain - Smoker
12 5 Day eCourse A 5 day email course on how to smoke meat
18 TBS In a recipe it means Tablespoon.. anywhere else -Thin Blue Smoke
13 5-Day eCourse A 5 day email course on how to smoke meat
16 Fattie Chub of breakfast sausage, left whole, and smoked
17 Qview Images of Smoked Food.. usually makes you drool;-)
14 OTBS Order of the Thin Blue Smoke
15 Fatty Chub of breakfast sausage, left whole, and smoked
19 3-2-1 Method of Smoking Spare Ribs - 3 hours smoked - 2 hours wrapped - 1 final hour unwrapped
20 2-2-1 Method of Smoking Baby Backs - 2 hours smoked - 2 hours wrapped - 1 final hour unwrapped
21 Q-view Images of Smoked Food.. usually makes you drool;-)
22 BDS Big Drum Smoker
23 BWS Backwoods Smoker
24 CCSV Camp Chef Smoke Vault
25 C.B.P. Cracked Black Pepper
26 CBP Cracked Black Pepper
27 UDS ugly drum smoker
28 SnP brinkman Smoken-N-Pit

Well, I finished my 1st smoke in my Pitmaster. It went pretty good. the family liked it. The salmon was a little dry to my liking, but the Boss and kids liked it very well. I am fond of sushi, they like fish sticks. Majority rules.
I did use hickory this time. I think I like Mesquite better. The taste is more rich to me. I used Mesquite the other times. I will try hickory again, I like to be open minded about these things. Especially if it pertains to food. I am going to try apple and peach wood some day.
I also grilled some squash, red onions, and portabella mushrooms to go with all the meat. It was a big hit.

Congratulations on your smoke and grilling. The vegs sound great, can't beat them.

Apple wood is a nice mild wood, and you ought to give cherry a try if you can. Neither as strong as mesquite or oak, but real nice.

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Mike, Welcome to the SMF. I'm rather new here myself and like you have been grilling for years. I KNEW something was "missing" with my grilled foods ( a lot of us northerners think grilling is barbequeing ) it just wasn't the same as the old timey barbeque places around here were offering. So I started looking at their methods, the first obvious thing was their cooking apparatus's. They were all using offset pits. I figured ok I'll buy one and see how it works. It didn't. It is basically an offset charcoal grill ( I didn't figure wood into the equation until a little later on ). I found this site, started reading, then started modifying the grill a little. It's better than it was out of the box but not a true smoker yet. I found and bought one that's much better and we're enjoying the food it produces ( we still use the grill for steak and chops etc...). There are recipes and ideas here that will blow you away. Look at all of the categories on the main forums page. Read, try and learn. It's a blast. Peace, Wanbli

Welcome to SMF you will get all the help you need here.. people here like to help and give lots of helpful info...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky