Started my New Smoker Today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Debi, you can buy expanded metal from any place that supplys the construction trade. They can use a machine,(press or brake, or shear?) , that will shear the metal to the exact size you need. I did my cold smokehouse shelves that way and it worked great. Be very careful of the edges though, when I put my cold smoker togather, I didn't wear gloves, I bled like a stuck hog by the time we were done. Oh well, gives me somethin to bitch about. Terry

Any woman who knows what uni-strut is,I could fall in love with,keep it going Debbi,your smokin bud,David
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif
:icon_mrgreen :
icon_mrgreen.gif

I found a local suppier for the expanded metal but it's cheaper to buy online and pay shipping! Go figure!

Gee David I love that stuff! They're always throwing 2 to 3 foot hunks of it away too. I like it for shelves and racks in the basement. Great stuff! Keeps my lumber from getting wet. I still have a half a truck load of ash and tulip wood down there and my basement gets wet. It's even better when it's free!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky