• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Start of something good

Buzinga

Joined Aug 31, 2020
Been thinking about making a cooker for last two or three years . Have been grilling/smoking on a small master built charcoal grill with an offset firebox for about 12 years . Only have lasted this long due to a few upgrades mainly a charcoal pan in the bottom of the grill and the offset smoker. So many ideas on this site I have changed my mind at least a dozen times. I acquired a 60/70 gallon stand up air compressor not long ago & the fun has started. Have lots of pics on phone of progress went with center firebox / rf lots of calculations thanks to the formula I found on the site Anyway towards the end of the week adding grates and door off a old woodstove ($5.00 at the local junkyard ) Feels like forever Post more later this week

Attachments

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 1, 2016
Welcome to SMF. Your project looks good. I look forward to seeing the final pics and BBQ!

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
welcome from Iowa ! Nice looking project you have, can't wait to see your first cook

Ryan

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2018
Very nice. Can't wait to see your first cook and that bad boy....

JC :emoji_cat:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Well you definitely have some skills!
Can’t wait to see that bad boy in action!
Al

Buzinga

Joined Aug 31, 2020
Well you definitely have some skills!
Can’t wait to see that bad boy in action!
Al
Hey Al thanks. However. My design. But Best Buds a heavy equipment mechanic. But an awesome welder/metal fabricator / genius lol He changed my mind like 4/5 xs so far with 20 hrs left ?? Haha Still trying to fig on FB & a SWEET set of colors of High Temp furnace paint to spray I’ll unveil a nice addition to cooker 1 day. Before final post. Hey Tks. For A Positive reply.

Buzinga

Joined Aug 31, 2020
Been thinking about making a cooker for last two or three years . Have been grilling/smoking on a small master built charcoal grill with an offset firebox for about 12 years . Only have lasted this long due to a few upgrades mainly a charcoal pan in the bottom of the grill and the offset smoker. So many ideas on this site I have changed my mind at least a dozen times. I acquired a 60/70 gallon stand up air compressor not long ago & the fun has started. Have lots of pics on phone of progress went with center firebox / rf lots of calculations thanks to the formula I found on the site Anyway towards the end of the week adding grates and door off a old woodstove ($5.00 at the local junkyard ) Feels like forever Post more later this week

Attachments

Buzinga

Joined Aug 31, 2020
Thanks for all the positive feedback from everyone on this site Had a lot of other stuff going on Mid August /mid September. Trying to finish my back deck on days it’s not raining Found the door kit online Saved a lot of time wanted the Door it also came with a damper but somehow it got broken before it was installed So have been mind storming on a deflector plate/ diffuser instead of a damper system Hope to have wheels installed this week along with deflector So near yet feels like it will never be finished still wondering about a paint to use. See people on older post like all different types of high heat paint Any new suggestions. (T I A) Hope to be finished before Oct Tks everyone

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.