• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

St. Louis tonight and almost there...

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Little Early, but looking good already!!
Like.

Bear

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Those look fantastic . Nice work .
Dinner and a movie ,,,,ZZZZZZZ .

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
I'd say the evidence those ribs were pretty darned good, big Like! Time for bed, that was a long time comin'. RAY

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
WOW. I have never cooked a rib that had meat voids like that. They had to be very tender.

schlotz

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 13, 2015
WOW. I have never cooked a rib that had meat voids like that. They had to be very tender.
Ergo my comment about needing to have pulled 15 minutes earlier. This was a classic example of why they say every piece of meat can be different in regards to how long it takes to get done. 15 minutes earlier I had tested for doneness via toothpick & the bend break and while both indicated they were done I decided to go 15 more minutes based upon notes from an earlier smoke. In the end, minor details. The meal was great! .. and that's all that truly matters :emoji_sunglasses:

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Ergo my comment about needing to have pulled 15 minutes earlier. This was a classic example of why they say every piece of meat can be different in regards to how long it takes to get done. 15 minutes earlier I had tested for doneness via toothpick & the bend break and while both indicated they were done I decided to go 15 more minutes based upon notes from an earlier smoke. In the end, minor details. The meal was great! .. and that's all that truly matters :emoji_sunglasses:

I didnt mean my comment in a bad way. I have undercooked and over cooked ribs. I have had perfect ( in my mind) ribs. Never seen meat seperate like that on ribs. I know they had to be good and tender.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.