St. Louis tonight and almost there...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schlotz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 13, 2015
Coatesville, IN
Put 'er on about 12:30 and should be done in another hour or little more. Smokin @ 225º with Hickory, using two rubs - Killer Hog's BBQ & A1 Sweet Mesquite.
Spritzing w/apple juice each hour.
IMG_2523.jpg

I'd say the evidence those ribs were pretty darned good, big Like! Time for bed, that was a long time comin'. RAY

WOW. I have never cooked a rib that had meat voids like that. They had to be very tender.

WOW. I have never cooked a rib that had meat voids like that. They had to be very tender.
Ergo my comment about needing to have pulled 15 minutes earlier. This was a classic example of why they say every piece of meat can be different in regards to how long it takes to get done. 15 minutes earlier I had tested for doneness via toothpick & the bend break and while both indicated they were done I decided to go 15 more minutes based upon notes from an earlier smoke. In the end, minor details. The meal was great! .. and that's all that truly matters :emoji_sunglasses:

Ergo my comment about needing to have pulled 15 minutes earlier. This was a classic example of why they say every piece of meat can be different in regards to how long it takes to get done. 15 minutes earlier I had tested for doneness via toothpick & the bend break and while both indicated they were done I decided to go 15 more minutes based upon notes from an earlier smoke. In the end, minor details. The meal was great! .. and that's all that truly matters :emoji_sunglasses:

I didnt mean my comment in a bad way. I have undercooked and over cooked ribs. I have had perfect ( in my mind) ribs. Never seen meat seperate like that on ribs. I know they had to be good and tender.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky