St louis style trimmings??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

matlocc

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 19, 2016
Bay City Mich
I plan on trimming my ribs to st louis style. I would like to grind the trimmings for meatballs. Not sure if I should grind all of it or try to trim all the cartilage out first. Any suggestions.

Reactions: chopsaw
trim all the cartilage out first.
I do it all the time . I'll buy several vac'd cuts of beef and pork at a time . I save and grind all the clean trim . Some I mix , some I don't . I use it for meatloaf , sausage and meatballs .
Not that much effort to clean the cartilage out .
A 3 pack of whole spares can give you close to 2 pounds of clean trim all said and done .

Reactions: zwiller and rdknb
Not what you asked but I often do the trim as burnt ends. Usually done before the ribs for a nice snack Nice to add the smoked trim into a pot of beans too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky