St. Louis style ribs?????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
All they are is trimmed spares.  Listen to SmokinAl and save the money, this coming from a St. Louisan!?!  I prefer to leave the flap of meat on there for extra meat.  They're not as pretty, but they're meatier...

Thanks everyone, I went to buy some spareribs and the St. Louis style were on sale for about the same price, they were very good and meaty. Next time I may trim them my self. The link that Bearcarver provided was very helpful.

Bearcarver have you ever been to Mississippi? I stayed at a campground near Hattiesburg, Mississippi and there were abour thirty carved bears around the park that some camper had carved, like the one in the attached picture.
f84f73a7_100_0344.jpg

Thanks everyone, I went to buy some spareribs and the St. Louis style were on sale for about the same price, they were very good and meaty. Next time I may trim them my self. The link that Bearcarver provided was very helpful.

Bearcarver have you ever been to Mississippi? I stayed at a campground near Hattiesburg, Mississippi and there were abour thirty carved bears around the park that some camper had carved, like the one in the attached picture.
That guy's style looks familiar. Everybody has a distinct style. That one leans toward the cartoon bear, which is the biggest portion of carved bears. I always tried to make them look as real as I could, instead of cartoon. It takes a lot longer, but to me, it was worth the extra effort. They are ALL nice, no matter which style is used.

Here are 2 of my last ones, before I had to quit (left click to get a closer look):

52acfbd5_DSC00033copy.jpg

Thanks,

Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky