St Louis Style Ribs - Dry

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeye1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 23, 2020
Son is in hospital this weekend after surgery yesterday. I usually do 321 ribs. But since I'll be back and forth from hospital I thought I would dry style ribs with no wrap. So I put Jeff's rub on ribs at 4 AM and put but in refrigerator. At 10 has youngest son pull the Recteq out and plug in. Then I started it up with my app :)
Any ways does it make sense to try to spritz or mop after 3 hours at 225 or just let them ride?

Thanks for that info. I was thinking of bumping the temp up to 275 after 3-4 hours.

Three hour mark. Cranked temp up to 275 to speed up cook. Want to get back to hospital before main entrance closes.

Attachments

• IMG_8302.jpg
    IMG_8302.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 21
So I fell asleep and lost track of time. When I woke up temp from instant probe was 215.

a little overdone. But when dipped in some famous Dave's sauce, they were OK. Two things, not enough rub and I probably won't crank up so high next time.

Attachments

• IMG_8306.jpg
    IMG_8306.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8307.jpg
    IMG_8307.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 17
I am going to check the calibration of the internal probe. They are on for only 5 hours. I had the ribs on a pan in the refrigerator uncovered over night like I would do for chicken wings. I wonder if that dried the out.
we are gonna soak the second slab in sauce when we warm them up today.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky