St. Louis ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tenpoint

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 6, 2021
Did one rack of St. Louis ribs yesterday. I cut them in half, for no other reason than it’s easier to handle.
Used two gringos chupacabra ribnoxious rub on the ribs with mustard binder and wrapped overnight in the fridge. This time I just did 6 straight hours at 225, spritzing every hour with an apple cider/acv mixture. Best ribs I’ve made. Won’t be wrapping again if they continue to turn out like this. No rest and didn’t get a pic right after they came off either. Guests dug into them too quickly. :)

Thats’s a chuck on the bottom of the smoker pic.

Attachments

• D6F93529-0A16-4B0D-8F57-3D0761BF4D00.jpeg
    D6F93529-0A16-4B0D-8F57-3D0761BF4D00.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 43
  • B9D02957-3AE0-451D-BA99-B552F40A955E.png
    B9D02957-3AE0-451D-BA99-B552F40A955E.png
    419.5 KB · Views: 45
  • DEA09305-1B33-45D5-AF98-AEE183F8FE6D.jpeg
    DEA09305-1B33-45D5-AF98-AEE183F8FE6D.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 59
  • FA34E433-A4DC-475F-8DDC-89E1F3047C30.jpeg
    FA34E433-A4DC-475F-8DDC-89E1F3047C30.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 61
Those look awesome! I’m not a big fan of wrapping ribs either, I don’t think I like the texture they end up with. You hit a Home-run!

Reactions: tenpoint
I didn’t wrap my last rack and they came out great. Beautiful looking ribs!

No rest! Isn't that against the bbq law? 😂
Looks great. Now I want someone to do a side by side, rest no rest rest and let me taste teste the results...

No rest! Isn't that against the bbq law? 😂
Looks great. Now I want someone to do a side by side, rest no rest rest and let me taste teste the results...

It didn’t matter on these! Everything else I typically rest. The chuck pictured I let rest in the cooler about an hour.

Fine looking ribs there my friend!
I can see why they went so fast!
Al
Yup I loved the flavor on these with the rub and sweetness from the apple cider. I also think I prefer the spares to baby backs. I was a little worried they’d be dry with no wrap but the opposite was true. Figured I’d seen enough people on here mention/recommend the no wrap so I gave it a shot.

Those look awesome! I’m not a big fan of wrapping ribs either, I don’t think I like the texture they end up with. You hit a Home-run!
I really like the bark these had.

They look yummy!

I've done tons of ribs, but have always wrapped in foil with brown sugar, butter, and a spice of the day. I am going to have to try a no-wrap next time so I at least have a comparison.

They look yummy!

I've done tons of ribs, but have always wrapped in foil with brown sugar, butter, and a spice of the day. I am going to have to try a no-wrap next time so I at least have a comparison.

Thanks! Try it. I’ll keep doing it as long as they turn out like this. I’m sold on the no wrap.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky