Sriracha copy cat recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I looked at 3 diff Asian markets, neither of them had the rooster brand sauce, they all had the Tabasco brand, which is pretty darn good in my opinion.

Didn't like ss when I tried it before but don't remember the brand, may have to revisit it again with the Tabasco brand, never had any of their products disappoint.

Dummy me. I was at Natural Grocers yesterday and found a line of fermented red jalapeno sauce. Didn't take a photo. All I remember it is from Texas.
I have enough Huy Fong brand to get me through the whatever shortage.

OK The Underwood Farms Sriracha is the real deal. I took one little taste on my finger and was instantly brought back to the original Hoy Fong version but better.

It is true that the peppers make the difference. I was one of the first to notice the change in flavor when HF changed the pepper source back on 2015 or whenever it was. I googled back then and found lots of posts and articles on the change. It was what it was and I moved on.

I had read a while go that Underwood started making their own but didn't order any until this thread popped up. For now on I will make my own or get the Underwood version. No more Hoy Fong.

The taste is very close to the original but slightly hotter. I am OK with that. I put a little squirt on a green apple and it was amazing.

underwood_ranch_sriracha_001.jpg

underwood_ranch_sriracha_002.jpg

Yep that's the one. I use to watch miles of the peppers grow as I traveled to Ventura, CA once a week for work. That highway is all farmland along with Orange and Avocado orchards.

underwood_ranch_sriracha_003.jpg

Yep that's the one. I use to watch miles of the peppers grow as I traveled to Ventura, CA once a week for work. That highway is all farmland along with Orange and Avocado orchards.

View attachment 670425
I remember when Denton, TX almost pulled off getting things to move there. It fell through which is sad :(

This was 1.4 Lb of peppers. I roughly blended it with
2 whole garlic bulbs
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon sea salt
covered in grape leaves to block the oxygen.

I mixed it each day. This is the fermentation working after 24 hours.

sriracha_004.jpg

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky