"Sqwibsicle"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sqwib

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 25, 2007
Philadelphia
As cold as it was, we were pretty much prepared so it wasn't a problem

17° low 15mph winds REAL FEEL  -5°

34° high (don't think it got there till Sunday when we were packing out)

My friends think I'm nuts but I got tired of all the talk and said, "lets just do it". I feel like Bruno Kirby from "City Slickers" lol

Of course I'm not in many of the photos since I am the dude with the camera all the time.

At first I wasn't going to bring it because of the weight and although it was a hassle...it was worth it...took a lot of HD Video as well.

Look at this Motley Outta Shape crew!

Lisa's bags worked great, (to the right of the stove) the JAW's (MRE's) worked pretty good

You cant see it, but I melted a hole through that stein sitting next to the fire... I didn't realize it was pewter haha! Yes I saved it...it's now a conversation piece on my bar.

Tried fabricating a way to transport wood... worked but was tough

Our 2nd sled was much better.

Making a water run (we filtered our water)

A much needed break after the hike.

When we were packing up, all we could think about was getting to a McDonalds.

For Halloween, were going to hike the Abandoned PA Turnpike

This scene from the movie "The Road" was filmed here, see he tunnel in the background?

Well that's all i got for now and I'm happy to be

ALIVE!

Looking good!!!

Glad you are home safe..

I never liked cold weather camping...

Craig

Looks like a blast. Glad you got back without any major injury.

Nice...big camper here (see my username)! I love winter camping (When it gets cold I crank the heater to 70*) and I especially love summer camping (when it gets hot I crank the A/C to 70*)!

Nice pics!

~Brett

Nice post , Squib. Wish I still had the withall to get out like that again...I'll just have to remember the ones I did
biggrin.gif
 . Know you had a blast. Good to see you back in one piece.

Have fun and...

Nice...big camper here (see my username)! I love winter camping (When it gets cold I crank the heater to 70*) and I especially love summer camping (when it gets hot I crank the A/C to 70*)!

Nice pics!

~Brett
We usually do a November trip to Killens Pond DE in the trailer but told the guys were getting soft well maybe this November we'll use the trailer.
  • Heres a pic of the trailer at French Creek SP.
  • Assateague
  • Hickory Run
  • Killens Pond

I try to get the guys out twice a year!

Nice post , Squib. Wish I still had the withall to get out like that again...I'll just have to remember the ones I did
biggrin.gif
 . Know you had a blast. Good to see you back in one piece.

Have fun and...
Would love to see some photos

Looks like a fun trip. Im not very fond of camping in the cold. Haven't done it since I was younger and climbed Mt. Shasta.. Got over being in the cold on that trip. 2 days on a glacier
wtf1.gif
 and I decided that was not for me.. 

Sqwib,

My buddies and I have been hunting together for years...that particular tent is a Medium government issue surplus tent that was purchased about 14 years ago by a group of buddies strictly for hunting. It get so hot in there with both stoves going, it's ridiculous! Everyone has there cots set-up and we put small camping picnic tables in the middle..it's total guy time...if you're interested, we have a website (it's more a joke than anything else as we don't "guide" anyone but ourselves...) www.bundypark.com there's tons of Colorado hunting pics in the photos section!

~Brett

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky