• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Split Pea Soup With Ham

redheelerdog

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 4, 2011
Kind of chilly here today, worked outside on the tractor clearing a little snow and installing a battery heating blanket and oil pan heater.

Came in the house and the wife was making a big pot of split pea soup.

It was kind of a spit pea soup day, chilly and a guy needs a nice warm soup to heat up with!

We also had some home made garlic bread, crackers and some Tillamook cheese.

Here's my favorite part - New battery powered salt and pepper shakers.

It has a light on the bottom so you can see how much is being put on 

Kudos to my wife for a fine pea soup 

Thanks for looking! and stay warm.

johnmeyer

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 19, 2015
Split pea soup is my favorite. Your wife's result looks fantastic!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Yes Sir!

That's a hearty looking bowl of pea soup!

A big favorite around here too!

Point to your wife for making some fantastic looking pea soup!

Al

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Tasty soup!

Not sure I need lighted shakers. Usually I don't eat in the dark! Nit since my days living at the coast when the power would go out during storms!

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
I love split pea and ham soup. Like you said, nothing beats it on a cold day. Your wife's looks really great.

I had a set of battery operated salt and pepper shakers. The first time i used them, the entire inner section of the salt shaker (including batteries) fell into a big pot of spaghetti sauce I was cooking. Never worked too well after that. LOL

Gary

Last edited:

ab canuck

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 20, 2016
  You had me with Split pea soup. And now the pics........ Yummmm. It looks great and I'll bet tastes fantastic.... Great job to your wife and you. 

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Man I would love a bowl of that! Running late on the winter prep? I blew a line on my plow for the wettest snow of the year luckily it was only about 2-3 inches but still a pain to move by hand.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.