Spiral sliced ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GATOR240

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 15, 2017
N.Western Pa.
I recently smoked a spiral sliced ham using Jeff's rub and some pure maple syrup. It was smoked for 3.5 hours using pecan dust. While it was very good it was also very sweet.
I'll have to temper the sweetness down a bit the next time I do one. The leftovers with a little brown mustard made for some great sammies for work.

20191128_084459.jpg

20191128_130207.jpg

20191128_130236.jpg

Thanks for checking this out -

Nice job on the ham Denny. Man them slices with some fried eggs would be great if we had somebody that could cook eggs and taters. :emoji_relieved:

Warren

Not a big fan of tree piss, but that ham sure looks good.

Point for sure
Chris

Great looking ham Denny. Easy to go sweetness overload with maple syrup.

Nice! Looking at your ham made my emotions "spiral" out of control. :emoji_relaxed:

Johnny Ray
Thanks JR

Nice job on the ham Denny. Man them slices with some fried eggs would be great if we had somebody that could cook eggs and taters. :emoji_relieved:

Warren
I'll bet we can figure something out Warren! Thanks for the like.

Denny looks good to me
Richie
Thanks Richie and thanks for the like.
Not a big fan of tree piss, but that ham sure looks good.

Point for sure
Chris
I'm not real big on any sweets (must be because I'm sweet enough already), every now and again something interests me though. Thanks for the like.
Great looking ham Denny. Easy to go sweetness overload with maple syrup.
Thanks Adam and thanks for the like. The brown mustard really went well and offset the sweetness on the sammies.

Looks awesome!

Maple syrup in moderation is a good thing. Easy to over do it.
Put a little too much on some Canadian bacon once. Way, way to sweet for me.

ok Chris that’s funny!!!!

but i have to will say that Jeff’s rub with that tree p.... is a pretty dang good combination!

I'm sure it is. I had a bad experience with evaporator when I was younger and never developed a taste for it.

Chris

• Sad
Reactions: civilsmoker
Dang that looks good! Nice work!!!
Thanks civilsmoker civilsmoker . I'll be sure to back off of the "tree p***", as Chris calls it, next time! Thanks for the like.
Looks mighty fine!! I just recently did my first double smoked ham! Wont be my last.
Thanks jcam222 jcam222 . This was my third double smoked ham. I have used Bearcarvers method the previous times. This was kind of an afterthought and I didn't measure anything. Thanks for the like!

Looks Great from the Den, Denny!!
Nice Job!
Like.
Everybody seems to like the Glaze I use on all my Double Smoked Hams.
It's in this one:
Double Smoked Spiral Sliced Ham

Bear
Thank you Bearcarver Bearcarver . That is exactly the glaze that I used the first two times. They turned out great! This was just an afterthought that I came up with - last minute idea. Thanks for the like.

Nice ham! I really shouldn't look at this site before I've had breakfast; now I feel like I'm starving.
Jeff's rub is great, but it is pretty sweet on its own.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky