Spinning Boneless Lamb Leg

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
For Pete’s sake Ray, that looks fantastic. Little more done than I prefer but I would not say no to a plate. Love lamb and your looks very good.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Awesome Ray! Love hate relationship between me and lamb, but yours falls on the love side! Great work! You have that rotisserie dialed in!

Reactions: sawhorseray
For Pete’s sake Ray, that looks fantastic. Little more done than I prefer but I would not say no to a plate. Love lamb and your looks very good.
Thanks Edge! While I like my beef done in the mid-120's I do prefer lamb done about ten degrees more. Mama would cook it death in the oven and somehow it always came out delicious with an easy chew. Thanks for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

Great looking meal Ray!
Thanks NTM!

Awesome Ray! Love hate relationship between me and lamb, but yours falls on the love side! Great work! You have that rotisserie dialed in!

Thanks Jed! I love lamb just about any way it hits my dinner plate, love clld for a lamb sanny too! Thanks for the Like Jed, much appreciated! RAY

Ray that lamb looks tasty alright. I just got a rotisserie last month. I was trying to decide what to spin next. You just made up my mind. I love lamb, wife not so much. Mother-in-law likes it but she doesn't eat very much. Last time I fixed lamb my kids only ate the mint jelly. That was 20 years ago or more.
I do enjoy the rotisserie style of cooking, a lot easier to maintain. Gotta try the lid off too. Thanks for the idea!
I will probably do some kind of Gyros with mine.

Yeah it's a shame to cover up that rotisserie, isn't it? I like to watch it spin around and around. Makes me feel like I'm being productive and accomplishing something important while I sit and watch it while I drink my double IPA and smoke my cigar. :-)

Yeah it's a shame to cover up that rotisserie, isn't it? I like to watch it spin around and around. Makes me feel like I'm being productive and accomplishing something important while I sit and watch it while I drink my double IPA and smoke my cigar. :-)
yeah looking forward to spinning a chicken this weekend with the lid off. One basket will get red oak splits and the other one cherry chunks.

Reactions: Marknmd
Ray that lamb looks tasty alright. I just got a rotisserie last month. I was trying to decide what to spin next. You just made up my mind. I love lamb, wife not so much. Mother-in-law likes it but she doesn't eat very much. Last time I fixed lamb my kids only ate the mint jelly. That was 20 years ago or more. I do enjoy the rotisserie style of cooking, a lot easier to maintain. Gotta try the lid off too. Thanks for the idea! I will probably do some kind of Gyros with mine.

Thanks Bakerman! I started my spinner test cooks out on yardbirds with the top on, then game hens. They came out tasty and juicy, but looked as tho I'd cooked them in a blast furnace. Appearance counts! RAY

Thanks Mark! You got the right idea, tho around here Rolling Rock is the house standard until whisky time. Thanks for the Like, I appreciate it! RAY

That looks great Ray. I've never tried lamb but you sure make it look appetizing. Nice job and congrats on the ride

Thanks CTX! I'm always kind of amazed at how many guys have never eaten lamb. Growing up it was something my mama oven cooked for special occasions, tho she'd cook it long after it was done. Thanks for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

Thanks for posting that site Clif. I've got a local source to check out soon for cherry splits, if I'm not happy with what I see I'll try these guys out for sure. RAY
I will update this thread when I use them. Unfortunately they won't be here in time for this weekends spin but they sure should be here for turkey day spin.

At least this weekend I can practice with the chicken and the open flame.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky