Spicy pickled eggs.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Since I was less then impressed with my attempts with "Bloody Mary eggs" I'm taking a different path.
I'm going to make a batch of spicy pickled eggs.

PB300113.jpg

Got 24 eggs going in the instant pot. I'm doing a 4-5-5 on these. 4 minutes under high pressure, 5 minutes normal pressure release, 5 minutes ice bath. It is really nice how easy the eggs peel this way.
I'll be using the vinegar that has been infused with Cayenne peppers.
Pickled pearl onions
Pickled Jalapenos.

PB300114.jpg

Made sure the eggs would fit. One was sacrificed. Didn't fit!

PB300117.jpg

Mixed everything together and put in jar. And filled with the spicy vinegar. Then vacuum sealed the jar.

Those sound like they'll be really good Steve. You know I did some in your spicy brine you gave me the recipe for several months ago and I just love them!! They are EXACTLY what I was looking for when i made the decision to do some spicy pickled eggs. Keep us posted....

Robert

Reactions: Steve H
Steve I'll be eyeing this. I always make a mistake in the jar size and have to go buy more eggs LOL Have a gallon in the basement fridge
Richie

Steve those sound fantastic!! I gotta make some room to fire up some half gallon jars of something like this. Starting to run out of space between bacon brining, Amish mustard eggs and hot pickles sausages lol

Looks good Steve! Those eggs will be good!

I kinda gave up on the Bloody Mary eggs too. They’re definitely good but not what we had in mind.

Guess we’ll stick to drinking them instead!

Looks good Steve! Those eggs will be good!

I kinda gave up on the Bloody Mary eggs too. They’re definitely good but not what we had in mind.

Guess we’ll stick to drinking them instead!

After reading this I'm quite tempted to mix one up! I have a couple bottles of mixer in the fridge. Another favorite of mine. Is this mixer. I didn't try it for the bloody Mary eggs because it wasn't spicy as the other. Plus, it has clam juice in it. And I had no idea how that would handle this sort of thing.
PC010118.JPG

Those are gonna be really good Steve, I was raise on Clamato beers both my Gramp's and Dad got me hooked on them well before I could drive. I used to sneak beers from the porch refer and make those when I was a youngster in the summer.:emoji_yum::emoji_thumbsup:

I think you made the right call by not making Clamato egg's.:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::emoji_scream::emoji_laughing:

I think you made the right call by not making Clamato egg's.:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::emoji_scream::emoji_laughing:

I thought so too! I had a couple of those the other day. Though I have mine with regular beer. Not dark beer.
Have you ever made your own Clamato juice? It's pretty easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: forktender

I thought so too! I had a couple of those the other day. Though I have mine with regular beer. Not dark beer.
Have you ever made your own Clamato juice? It's pretty easy.
No, I have not.
Oh, and for sure cheap American beer for the red beers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky