spicy Hungarian sausage & pinto beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chainsaw

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
Ponca City OK
I haven't had time to post much lately so today we are trying some Hungarian sausage & pinto beans. Little too spicy for her on a bun. I used regular paprika, don't have Hungarian but it is supposed to be really different.

I usually use ham bone or hocks so this will be interesting. I put some s&p, cumin, onion & garlic powder & whole onion in the beans last night. Beans went on low last night about 11:30.

Thanks for looking!

spicy Hungarian sausage:

5-lbs coarse ground pork
2-lbs coarse ground beef
1-cup cold beer
2-tbsp fresh ground black pepper
2-tbsp crushed red pepper
2-tbsp hot Hungarian paprika
2-tbsp minced fresh garlic
1-tbsp salt
1-tsp ground bay leaves
1-tsp whole anise seeds
1-tsp whole mustard seeds
1-tsp dried coriander
1-tsp brown sugar
1-tsp ground thyme

f9198981_100_3244.jpg

97db26fb_Picture047.jpg

8f2dd0e0_Picture048.jpg

3a6d6f63_Picture049.jpg

17447f52_Picture050.jpg

be3cdf9d_Picture051.jpg

Reactions: scarbelly
looks good! some nice fresh baked bread would be nice with that..............

icon_cool.gif

I LIKE it. That looks like some mighty fine looking beans and sausage. You could bring that stuff over to my house anyday. Now would be a good night the wife is out late and I'm gonna be hungry but then I could fix stuff that I really like. Never Mind

Now that is a great combo of flavors to be enjoyed by the bowlful. My compliments on a nice paring. It's all good my friend.

no doubt about it, that's a great meal right there!

very nicely done!

how did you like it with the sausage compared to your usual beans cooked with a ham hock or bone?

i'm also curious: were the beans pretty much cooked by the time you added the sausage?

no doubt about it, that's a great meal right there!

very nicely done!

how did you like it with the sausage compared to your usual beans cooked with a ham hock or bone?

i'm also curious: were the beans pretty much cooked by the time you added the sausage?
It was really good & different too. Sometimes the ham or hocks lose flavor cooking a long time, but this as more flavorful.

The beans were dry when I put them in last night, so no. I put the meat in about 8:00 this morning. They were done for supper at 5:00 but I stirred them up with my electric hand held to beak up the beans good.

Man that is some great looking chow right there
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

That looks SO good. I just finished eating dinner, and now I am hungry again!

Did you soak the beans at all first? Or just run with dry and let 'em cook?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky