Spicy Grilled Mexican Charras (Edited)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh man that looks good! We just got finished with 2 straight nights of eating the Extra cheesy ranchero skillets and the deconstructed stuffed poblanos.
Some good eating, that's for sure. I am still honored that you found the dish good enough toserve to guests. Thanks somuch for the feedback.

Robert

Reactions: clifish
Now I need to look up what a charro is now....lol

Robert, help me out here.
What are Charros?
Is it the brand of tortillas?
Are they hard or soft?
Well gents, there appears to be some confusion. I know for a fact that the first batch of them I bought had CharrOs written on the bag. Just checked and the bag I got yesterday (different brand) says CharrAs on it. I had pics of the first round I did but when I decided not to post it, I deleted the folder and can't find it now. Maybe Charros (first bag) was the brand name? I have no idea but I just edited the entire thread. They are similar to a tostada but smaller and a bit thicker. They also have a slight bowl shape to them as opposed to a tostada being totally flat. This is nice to help load a ton of goodies into them :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: chilerelleno
Looks good Robert no mater what they are made on.
And I know I could eat a couple of them
Thanks so much David. These came out REALLY well and so simple to make. As much stuff as I got stacked onto them, they were pretty filling.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Robert they looked and sounded great, like I said I could eaten a couple for sure.

You did not have to edit the thread, was just poking fun, as for the confusion over the name. It made no difference to the quality of the meal at all

Sorry if I poked too hard. No harm was meant You could have called them Sibrina breads , I still would eat them.

David

Well gents, there appears to be some confusion. I know for a fact that the first batch of them I bought had CharrOs written on the bag. Just checked and the bag I got yesterday (different brand) says CharrAs on it. I had pics of the first round I did but when I decided not to post it, I deleted the folder and can't find it now. Maybe Charros (first bag) was the brand name? I have no idea but I just edited the entire thread. They are similar to a tostada but smaller and a bit thicker. They also have a slight bowl shape to them as opposed to a tostada being totally flat. This is nice to help load a ton of goodies into them :emoji_wink:

Robert
Tostadas can be flat or bowl shaped, and any size. It's all about the tortilla being crisp and crunchy, at least at the start.
My quick search shows Charros or Charras, are both brand names of popular tostada tortilla chips/shells in your region.

Yay Tostadas!

Some good eating, that's for sure. I am still honored that you found the dish good enough toserve to guests. Thanks somuch for the feedback.

Robert
Went over great, they marveled when I needed two spatulas in one hand at the same time to remove the whole enchalda from the CI...lol

like I said I could eaten a couple for sure.
Based on previous comments, I can see that you have a pretty big appetite so I don't doubt it a bit...possibly even 3 of them.
You did not have to edit the thread, was just poking fun, as for the confusion over the name
David....I assure you buddy, there was no offense taken in any way and I appreciate the fun aspect of it. We all banter and poke fun at each other. That's one of the many things I love about this forum.I did however have to edit the post. See, I am an anal retentive perfectionist. There was inaccurate info posted in my thread and I needed to fix it, for me, not because of any fun comments you may have made.
Sorry if I poked too hard
You didn't poke at all, except for maybe a little fun :emoji_wink:
No harm was meant You could have called them Sibrina breads
Lets not go there shall we? :emoji_laughing: I used to date a girl named Sabrina and we almost got married. Then things went south and got ugly in a hurry once the "commitment" was made. At this juncture I'm very happy it didn't work out but we sure did have some fun while just dating....if you get my drift :emoji_astonished:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky