Spareribs on the Louisiana Grills Pellet Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
I wanted to do ribs on my new pellet smoker but they cost so much I though I might have to sell some blood to afford them. Fortunately they came on sale.

I wanted to do them very simply so I would just be testing the smoker and not the recipe.

I started by taking the silverskin off.

Then I rubbed them with Cabelas Kansas City Rub.

I put them in the smoker, preheated to 220 F.

It took about 4 1/2 hours to get the internal temperature of the ribs to 185 F. I brushed the ribs with a KC style bbq sauce and smoked another 1/2 hour.

The finished product.

I served them with potato salad, corn and green beans from our garden.

The Verdict

The LG pellet smoker did a great job. It held the temperature steady and I think the convection effect gave a great result. The ribs were bite off the bone not fall off the bone, just the way I like them. I was surprised how much smoke flavour there was after my research on pellet smokers. It wasn't as strong a smoke as the Bradley but that made She Who Must Be Obeyed happy.

I am very happy with the results.

Disco

Reactions: tropics
Awesome ribs Disco!  
drool.gif

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky