Spare Ribs with Q View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tander28

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
Kansas
I showed you what I did with the trimmings (https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/spare-rib-trimmings-turned-into-pasta-pizza-sauce.298977/), now time for the main course!

Spares rinsed, trimmed St. Louis style with the membrane pulled and seasoned up with Meat Church Honey Hog and Gospel rubs. I put them on the bottom rack of my Camp Chef for about 3 hours at 225. Then I panned them with some Miller Lite and cranked heat to 275 for 2 hours. Finally, added a few layers of supped up SBR (red wine vinegar, hot honey, more rub and even added some beer this time) and put on unwrapped for 30 min with lots of flipping/basting.

I really liked how they turned out, but I'd probably go more like 2.5, 2.5, .5 on the timing next time. Thanks for looking!

Headed to the wrap
IMG_1149.JPG

Finished product unsliced (I separated into to pieces to fit in the pan easier)
IMG_1152.JPG

Sliced up
IMG_1154.JPG

Showing the meat side with a couple bites taken too!
IMG_1159.JPG

Wow, those ribs look great, Like! You're just about making me want to change my menu. I've got a rack of St Louis ribs and some chicken legs on the thaw, want to do the ribs Thursday on my offset. I better go eat something before my well laid plans go up in smoke. RAY

Reactions: Buckeye02
Looks awesome.
JC :emoji_cat:
Appreciate it, JC!
Wow, those ribs look great, Like! You're just about making me want to change my menu. I've got a rack of St Louis ribs and some chicken legs on the thaw, want to do the ribs Thursday on my offset. I better go eat something before my well laid plans go up in smoke. RAY
Thanks, Ray! And I know what you mean, what starts out as a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch is liable to wind up in the smoker if I spend some time on here :emoji_laughing:
Those look awesome! Great job.
Thank you!
Great looking ribs! And beer makes everything better so nice addition!
Agreed on the beer, added points if you only use half and "have to" drink the rest. Thanks, John!

You did those ribs justice. They look great.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky