Spare ribs and pork tenderloin Oh My!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbellard

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 6, 2016
North Louisiana
image.jpg
So still with the family and smoking 2 racks of spare ribs and 2 pork tenderloins. Using my dry rub on both.
Had a late lunch and took the kids to the park so getting a bit of a late start. Will get the tenderloins on a bit later as they won’t take as long.
Merry Christmas!

Thanks Foamheart!

Any secret advice on a great place to get a good quality, inexpensive 10 gallon cast iron jambalaya pot here in Louisiana? I’m in zachary right now but heading back up to Bossier City tomorrow. Thought you might have an idea

0D3DB9C7-DB79-4B31-A891-6556A9C96470.jpeg
Here’s where we stand 3 hrs into the process. Going a little faster than usual on the gas grill. Usually takes 5 hrs on the dot on my big stick burner.
Hoping to be done in about 45 minutes or so. Just threw the pork tenderloins on there about 20 minutes ago.
Smelling good.

Reactions: foamheart
Thanks Foamheart!

Any secret advice on a great place to get a good quality, inexpensive 10 gallon cast iron jambalaya pot here in Louisiana? I’m in zachary right now but heading back up to Bossier City tomorrow. Thought you might have an idea

Cast Iron ain't never cheat. Might check the pawn shops. There is a grocery in Gonzales that used to rent pots and the burner rigs. You might ask them if they have any deals.

http://www.lamendolassupermarket.com/weekly-ad/

There are numerous places to buy them in BR, but the word cheap or inexpensive I am sure would be meaningless.

Thanks Foamheart!

Dang! Can you even pick up a 10 gallon cast iron pot? lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky