Spam Scramble (Bear Style)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks real good John, but I'm not a big fan of Spam, I'm trying to learn to like it & maybe this recipe will be the one that does it for me!
It certainly looks delicious!!
Al

Thank You Al !!
Last month you said you never had Spam.
Have you had it since that?
I pretty much know what kind of things you like, and I'm betting you'd love it fried up real good, or even Smoked!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thank You Al !!
Last month you said you never had Spam.
Have you had it since that?
I pretty much know what kind of things you like, and I'm betting you'd love it fried up real good, or even Smoked!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I bought some Spam a couple of weeks ago, hoping to make an appetizer out of them. I cubed them up, wrapped them in bacon & put a piece of cheese on top. It sounded real good & looked good too, but it tasted awful. I ended up throwing the whole batch out. I bought a 2 pack of Spam so I still have one can to experiment with. I haven't given up yet!!
Al

That looks like a great breakfast bear. I've made it once or twice myself. I like to add a little shredded cheddar to the mixture.

Point for sure.

Chris

I bought some Spam a couple of weeks ago, hoping to make an appetizer out of them. I cubed them up, wrapped them in bacon & put a piece of cheese on top. It sounded real good & looked good too, but it tasted awful. I ended up throwing the whole batch out. I bought a 2 pack of Spam so I still have one can to experiment with. I haven't given up yet!!
Al

There's your problem right there---Don't wrap them in Bacon!!!
You want a good "Fried" Bark-like skin on them.
Uncooked Spam is terrible, and the farther you get from uncooked, the better.
The Bacon is keeping the Spam from firming up like it does without the Bacon.
Try that with the other Spam you have---You'll love it.

Actually that's why I don't wrap many things with Bacon, because it keeps the wrapped meat from getting a Browned skin on it, which gives more flavor. If I want Bacon, I'll make it separate & eat it with the meat that I didn't wrap.
That may be just me for most of those other meats, but definitely don't wrap Spam with Bacon.

I think that will help, Al. Let me know.

Bear

I like Spam many ways, one way is to slice it very thin and fry it crisp like bacon.
I really like this with the jalapeno or chorizo flavors.

Did you know that in Hawaii Spam is so popular and comparatively expensive to the rest of the US, that it is the object of so much theft that it is usually kept under lock and key?
The druggies steal it and trade or sell it for more drugs.

Last edited:
I like Spam many ways, one way is to slice it very thin and fry it crisp like bacon.

Did you know that in Hawaii Spam is so popular that it is the object of so much theft that is usually kept under lock and key.

Exactly!!
And Shane Patrick Victorino (born November 30, 1980), nicknamed "The Flyin' Hawaiian", who was playing for my Philadelphia Phillies when he was attacked by "PETA" when he announced that his favorite food was "Spam Musubi".

Bear

That looks like a great breakfast bear. I've made it once or twice myself. I like to add a little shredded cheddar to the mixture.

Point for sure.

Chris

Thank You Chris!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Did you know that in Hawaii Spam is so popular and comparatively expensive to the rest of the US, that it is the object of so much theft that it is usually kept under lock and key?

Yup---My favorite way is pretty thin, and never thicker than 3/8".
I've also found that you don't want to slice & fry a whole can of Spam, if you aren't going to eat it all, because when you reheat it, it gets dried out & really tough. So if I'm only going to eat a quarter can, I only slice & fry a quarter can, and keep the rest in the fridge until the next morning's Breakfast.

Bear

Funny I just had a meme pop up on my facebook account that read

" If you get a friend request from Hormel deny it - It may be Spam".

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky