Spam Scramble (Bear Style)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Spam Scramble (Bear Style)

OK Guys, I’ve done this often with Bacon, since Mrs Bear’s Mom first served it up to me at 2 AM in 1971:
(Warning—Another Bear Story!!)

I had just gotten out of the Army (May of 1971), and Mrs Bear & I were living at her parents house for a month, while we were waiting for Settlement on our first house. I had gone back to the Bethlehem Steel job I left 3 years earlier when I went in the Army.
So I was working Middle Shift, which ended at 1 AM. After cleaning up & the long drive home, this put me at my temporary home just before 2 AM. My Wonderful Mother-in-law was sitting up waiting for me, and asked if I was hungry & if I liked Bacon & Eggs. I answered, “Yes” & “Yes”, but told her she didn’t have to bother at 2 AM. She said, “No bother”, and proceeded to make the first Bacon Scramble I ever had. I’ve had it many Hundreds of times since.

BTW: Mrs Bear was in bed sleeping at this time, because she had to get up early to go to her Full-Time Job.

So 48 years later, This is the first time I decided to try this Breakfast with Spam, instead of Bacon. Hope You All enjoy seeing it, as I enjoyed consuming it.

First I cut up a leftover piece of Spam into Small Cubes, and threw them in a Hot Greased Pan.
I kept flipping them around until they were mostly Browned on the outside & pretty well cooked on the inside.
Then I spread the Spam Cubes out in the Pan, and Dumped 3 lightly beaten Eggs over the Cubes.
I flipped things around a few times, as the Eggs began to set up, and watched for the eggs to be done, but not browned or burnt.
Then I dumped the whole Pan onto a Dinner Plate, add Black Pepper, and dive in!!

I love this stuff——I think it may have even been better than when I do this same thing with Chopped up Bacon!!

Thanks For Checking This Out, and enjoy the Pics.

Bear

First Chopped up some Spam into Small Cubes:
IMG_2430.jpg

Once the Spam Cubes are well browned, I spread the cubes out & add 3 lightly Beaten Eggs:
IMG_2431.jpg

Flip this all around until Eggs are done, but not Browned or Burnt:
IMG_2432.jpg

Dump contents of Pan onto my Plate, and Add lots of Fresh Ground Black Pepper:
IMG_2433.jpg

A Closer Look at a Great Breakfast!!
IMG_2434.jpg

Visitors in my front yard, taken from a front window while eating this Breakfast:
IMG_2440.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you've had a lovely and delicious morning! Great story too.

I too have memories of chipped ham in scrambled eggs that cause cravings for it...Islay's chipped ham... kind of like chipped spam...lol. I've more recently discovered putting herbs in things, fresh and freeze dried, on eggs, on grilled sandwiches, in burgers... may sound simple but herbs were always an afterthought. Spices in bottles, maybe. Herbs, huh? It's like there's a whole new world of flavor out there that I never knew about! I've been putting quarter inch pieces of cream cheese and dill in scrambled eggs lately. It's dillicious! :p That would be good with spam in it!

Nothing beats the originals though.

Last edited:
Long, Long time since I had Spam, I do leftover sausage patties that way.

I would sure eat that Looks good

Gary

That looks delish!

You and me both Bear!
I make the same breakfast both ways, bacon or Spam.
Tasty and filling.

Thanks John.

Bear

Looks like you've had a lovely and delicious morning! Great story too.

I too have memories of chipped ham in scrambled eggs that cause cravings for it...Islay's chipped ham... kind of like chipped spam...lol. I've more recently discovered putting herbs in things, fresh and freeze dried, on eggs, on grilled sandwiches, in burgers... may sound simple but herbs were always an afterthought. Spices in bottles, maybe. Herbs, huh? It's like there's a whole new world of flavor out there that I never knew about! I've been putting quarter inch pieces of cream cheese and dill in scrambled eggs lately. It's dillicious! :p That would be good with spam in it!

Nothing beats the originals though.

Thank You Kris!!
I'm not much good on Herbs, except for a few special items.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: KrisUpInSmoke
When I was a kid my dad used to make some spam and eggs for breakfast sometimes. I have done it a few times myself but not for years. May have to go back and revisit that breakfast.

Thanks Brett!
Yup---Better Revisit it. I like it even more than I used to.

Bear

Long, Long time since I had Spam, I do leftover sausage patties that way.

I would sure eat that Looks good

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
Yup---Sausage Scramble would fit Great too!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great story for sure.
Spam & eggs a sure bet. Eggs is kinda like bacon they are good with just about anything in the meat line.

Warren

Never had a problem with Spam itself, but never got past the gelatin goo its packed in. Scrambles and skillets are a go-to breakfast for me so I have to give you a like.

Thanks for sharing. I had this a couple weeks ago. I had a little bit of onion left over from the night before (I'll keep a slice one day) chopped it up small and put in with the spam about half way through to mix in. Good stuff. Got me thinking about a Spam Omelet. Ha Ha

I plan to fry up some of the back bacon I finished all chopped up and add some eggs...

Any one else ever add left over rice to these kinda things?

Looks good! I do this also, usually with breakfast sausage sometimes bacon...but.... where' the cheese!?!?! No one adds cheese!?!?! LOL.

My favorite ever was down in Playa del Carmen, MX at a tiny little breakfast place, one young guy working the grill while Mamasita used a big hand operated juicer to make the best (and biggest) cup of fresh OJ ever. Being MX, the eggs and sausage had some peppers and onions, cheese, and tortillas added but still looked pretty much like Bear's at the end :)

Peppered back bacon, two eggs, and some Galettes. <Well, deepsouthdish called it that. They're just milk and flour, quickly fried in oil and then I put some butter on!>

Odd thing..Peppered back bacon has a more traditional bacon taste then the plain one. Which makes me think I mighta been a bit off in my curing some how on the plain one. Still safe to eat, but who knows! Or maybe it's the pepper..!

Attachments

• 20180726_101027.jpg
    20180726_101027.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 20
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky