Spam Scramble (Bear Style)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
OMG that looks delicious, big like from here for sure. Also i enjoyed the story very much!

Thank You GF !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I was thinking hmmm spam and eggs... then hmmm deer and eggs! :D

Thank You MeatSkull !!
I do some Deer & Eggs, but I usually lay the Venison along side instead of mixed in with the Eggs.

Bear

Looks good! I do this also, usually with breakfast sausage sometimes bacon...but.... where' the cheese!?!?! No one adds cheese!?!?! LOL.

My favorite ever was down in Playa del Carmen, MX at a tiny little breakfast place, one young guy working the grill while Mamasita used a big hand operated juicer to make the best (and biggest) cup of fresh OJ ever. Being MX, the eggs and sausage had some peppers and onions, cheese, and tortillas added but still looked pretty much like Bear's at the end :)

I usually add cheese. However I usually add too much. Wait a minute, is that actually possible?

Great story for sure.
Spam & eggs a sure bet. Eggs is kinda like bacon they are good with just about anything in the meat line.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
Couldn't agree more!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Never had a problem with Spam itself, but never got past the gelatin goo its packed in. Scrambles and skillets are a go-to breakfast for me so I have to give you a like.

Thanks for that Like, Victim!!
Yeah, I remember they used to have a S-load of Gelatin in the cans, but it's been quite awhile since they stopped that business. Must have been getting a lot of complaints. Nowadays they're only a little wet, and no more Gel.

Bear

Ok. Might be worth giving it another shot sometime then. Goes to show you how long its been since I've had it.
But when I've got GOOD bacons and sausage around all the time now, I will have to have the bad late night munchies or something for me to mentally downgrade.

Ok. Might be worth giving it another shot sometime then. Goes to show you how long its been since I've had it.
But when I've got GOOD bacons and sausage around all the time now, I will have to have the bad late night munchies or something for me to mentally downgrade.
Some one had home made spam some where.. ..alright google spewed out one result..don't think it was the one I saw but here we go!

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/spam-spam-spam-spam-homemade-spam.201179/

Also to note; the Gelatin was actually largely naturally formed. I'm not sure what changed but I'm guessing with the general trend towards less fat, maybe that is it?

To me spam is a unique thing....sort of like crummy canned hash we ate when camping. Sure I can and do make way better stuff..but it's not -that- stuff..and well Spam? It's unique. <Though it's also like a bajillion parts more sodium then I need in a month ..>

Thanks for sharing. I had this a couple weeks ago. I had a little bit of onion left over from the night before (I'll keep a slice one day) chopped it up small and put in with the spam about half way through to mix in. Good stuff. Got me thinking about a Spam Omelet. Ha Ha

Thanks Driver!
That sounds Great, as long as the onions are fried first.

Bear

I plan to fry up some of the back bacon I finished all chopped up and add some eggs...

Any one else ever add left over rice to these kinda things?

Sounds Great, You are talking about CB again, right?

Bear

Looks good. And a nice write up. That got me thinking of making spam hash. I haven't done that it years.

Looks good! I do this also, usually with breakfast sausage sometimes bacon...but.... where' the cheese!?!?! No one adds cheese!?!?! LOL.

My favorite ever was down in Playa del Carmen, MX at a tiny little breakfast place, one young guy working the grill while Mamasita used a big hand operated juicer to make the best (and biggest) cup of fresh OJ ever. Being MX, the eggs and sausage had some peppers and onions, cheese, and tortillas added but still looked pretty much like Bear's at the end :)

Thank You Rat !!
I put Cheese in just about everything, but I don't like what cheese does to Bacon, when it melts on it. Kinda turns the Bacon soft & I don't like the texture then. Probably be good with this "Spam Scramble" though.

Bear

Thank You Rat !!
I put Cheese in just about everything, but I don't like what cheese does to Bacon, when it melts on it. Kinda turns the Bacon soft & I don't like the texture then. Probably be good with this "Spam Scramble" though.

Bear
Hmmm, never noticed the cheese/bacon thing - does that apply to bacon cheeseburgers too (just curious)? But hey, it's your plate you can make it how you like it! :)

Yeah, I never liked that stuff either, but it really has changed.
The only problem I ever have with Spam is the damn pull tab breaking off on me.
Then I gotta stick a knife in & pry a corner up, and then use a pliers to pull it off.
Give it another try---It's a Great change of pace!!

Bear

Hmmm, never noticed the cheese/bacon thing - does that apply to bacon cheeseburgers too (just curious)? But hey, it's your plate you can make it how you like it! :)

Not so much:
With a Bacon Cheeseburger the Bacon is usually pretty well done & Crispy before it's put on top of the burger & cheese.
With the "Bacon Scramble", if I add cheese, the Cheese would be all over the Bacon, causing the Bacon to get somewhat Soggy. Not my favorite Texture. But maybe that's just me.

That's why I'll put a Hot Dog inside a Grilled Cheese, but when I tried Bacon, I didn't like that.

BTW: Here's how a "Bacon Cheeseburger" begins:
Bacon Cheeseburger

Bear

Not so much:
With a Bacon Cheeseburger the Bacon is usually pretty well done & Crispy before it's put on top of the burger & cheese.
With the "Bacon Scramble", if I add cheese, the Cheese would be all over the Bacon, causing the Bacon to get somewhat Soggy. Not my favorite Texture. But maybe that's just me.

That's why I'll put a Hot Dog inside a Grilled Cheese, but when I tried Bacon, I didn't like that.

BTW: Here's how a "Bacon Cheeseburger" begins:
Bacon Cheeseburger

Bear
I can see that. When I add cheese it's right at the end, just long enough to get a little warm and melty when the eggs are almost set. The bacon or sausage is long done by that time. That Cheeseburger looks awesome, LOL!

Looks real good John, but I'm not a big fan of Spam, I'm trying to learn to like it & maybe this recipe will be the one that does it for me!
It certainly looks delicious!!
Al

I can see that. When I add cheese it's right at the end, just long enough to get a little warm and melty when the eggs are almost set. The bacon or sausage is long done by that time. That Cheeseburger looks awesome, LOL!

If you did it that way, it should be Great!! That would solve the problem.

Mooo-Oink! Mooo-Oink!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky