Sousmoked Baby Back Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

YelojktBob

Original poster
Jan 23, 2018
Got the hankering for some smokey deliciousness and settled on ribs. I pulled membranes and rubbed them down with my own homemade sugar free rub. (Stevia substituted for sugar, anyone know a substitute for brown sugar?). The ribs hung out for four hours in the smoker (cold, medium smoke)and then were vac sealed and Sous Vide at °167 for 4 hours. We pulled them and popped them into a °500 degree oven for 10 minutes to tighten them up. They turned out fantastic. The ribs were not FOTB but the bones did come clean. So juicy and tasty the kids didn't even use sauce.
20180317_204431.jpg

Looks real good, it seems that SV is taking over the smoking world.

Chris

Reactions: YelojktBob
Looks great! I am a big fan of smoking for a few hours and then letting the sv do the rest. Wish I had less to do but since I’m always busy I can’t sit around the smoker all day, everyday.

Reactions: YelojktBob
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky