Sous Vide Egg Bites

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Really nicely done. My oldest is a Starbucks Manager. As you can imagine, I don't pay for coffee as she gets a pound a week and her and her husband only drink a cup or two a day. Casey also brings other Starbucks items they give employees. She gets pastries, cakes, breakfast sandwiches, Bacon-Egg-Cheddar on a Croissant is really good. The last trip Casey brought some of these Egg Bites. Pretty good but I can see YOUR'S would be great!

atomicsmoke atomicsmoke Shirred Eggs or Eggs en Cocotte, aka Baked Eggs of all kinds, whole or beaten, in Muffin Pans, Ramekins and specialty Cocottes with Lids. Have about 500 years on SV Egg Bites. Think crustless Quiche or Creme Brulee, but savory and loaded with all kinds of stuff. The 2 big differences are Eggs en Cocotte, like Quiche are higher in Fat with added Heavy Cream. The containers are also baked in a Water Bath. They can be Smoked too...JJ

Gotta try these. Silly question but can the lids be used numerous times with this method or would they leak after 1st use sealing?

Gotta try these. Silly question but can the lids be used numerous times with this method or would they leak after 1st use sealing?
The jars/lids don't go thru the pressure/temp of pressure canning. I'd say they can be reused. I do reuse them. After they cool, you can check if they sealed and toss bad lids (not the food, just the lid). I rarely get failed seals and i am at the 4th or 5th round.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky