Sous Vide Double Seared Venison Back Strap with Amaretto Cream Sauce, Pasta, and Caesar Salad with Garlic Bread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
This one is RICH! With Carbs everywhere!!!! Therefore, we don't cook this one often, but the savory/sweet decadent flavor is off the charts!
IMG_20230109_185625.jpg

The Cook:
Seasoned the back strap pieces then seared them on ALL sides for pasteurization of the meat surface which is a necessary step if you will be sous vide cooking below 131*F. These were done @ 128*F for 2 hours. About 45 minutes out from them being done, Started the sauce in the same pan... caramelized 1 small diced onion in a little olive oil. Then deglazed with 1.5 cups Amaretto. Reduce 3/4 by volume to thicken. Add 1qt. Cream and lower heat to simmer until sauce is ULTRA thick. Finish the sauce with 1 stick of butter. Season with salt and cracked Black pepper.
IMG_20230109_184621.jpg

The 2" thick back strap steaks sliced after a 10 minute rest...
IMG_20230109_184625.jpg

IMG_20230109_184628.jpg

Into a blazing hot skillet (20,000BTU burner) with clarified butter to sear cut ends (second sear)
IMG_20230109_184617.jpg

IMG_20230109_184700.jpg

The Plate:
IMG_20230109_185621.jpg

So Good! Almost as tender as beef......we cook this sauce at least once a year, sometimes twice.

Last edited:
That is one killer looking meal there Keith!
I have never had backstrap, but it is on my bucket list.
And if I do score some I will use your recipe, Bookmarked!!
Nice work!
Al

Reactions: indaswamp
wow, that looks fantastic!!
Thanks tbern!

Great looking plate there!
Thanks Charlie!

I gained 5 lbs just looking at the pics. Strong work!
LOL! Thanks you mr_whipple!

That is one killer looking meal there Keith!
I have never had backstrap, but it is on my bucket list.
And if I do score some I will use your recipe, Bookmarked!!
Nice work!
Al
Thanks Al! Thank Amaretto Cream sauce is awesome on beef too!

Reactions: SmokinAl
Tip: For a richer flavored sauce, you can add in the liquid left in the sous vide bags to the sauce, but you will need to add a thickener like corn starch to the sauce. Do this before the finish with butter.

Wow! Book marked for the sauce alone! That looks incredible, a 5 star meal! It’s been so long since I had blackstrap, you definitely have me craving. Points for sure, beautiful, decadent meal!!!

Damn, that's beautiful, Keith. There's nothing wrong with a little decadence, but only once or twice a year is not nearly enough. You can do better than that.

I make a savory Amaretto cream sauce similar to yours, but I add a little garlic confit and Dijon. No back straps available where I am but I last used it about a month ago with pork chops. Perfect combo.

Holy cow Keith!! That is nothing short of amazing. Honestly, a simply gorgeous meal and I can only guess, knowing your ability to develop flavors, that this was off the charts. I am in awe sir.

Robert

Great job Keith, that looks delicious!

Ryan

Wow! Book marked for the sauce alone! That looks incredible, a 5 star meal! It’s been so long since I had blackstrap, you definitely have me craving. Points for sure, beautiful, decadent meal!!!

Damn, that's beautiful, Keith. There's nothing wrong with a little decadence, but only once or twice a year is not nearly enough. You can do better than that.

I make a savory Amaretto cream sauce similar to yours, but I add a little garlic confit and Dijon. No back straps available where I am but I last used it about a month ago with pork chops. Perfect combo.

Holy cow Keith!! That is nothing short of amazing. Honestly, a simply gorgeous meal and I can only guess, knowing your ability to develop flavors, that this was off the charts. I am in awe sir.

Robert

Nice work Keith .
Thanks Guys!

Keith your gourmet game is always strong but this one’s up there near the top! 5 star excellent work!

Last edited:
Wonderful looking meal Keith, I'm not a big fan of venison, but will be looking to include that sauce on a future beef cook.

Point for sure
Chris

Wow Kieth! Fantastic meal. I got a call yesterday the old man on the river was given venison and wants me to cook it for him. I think I will drag everything needed to do it down on the river today and just do it there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky