Reverse Sear Prime NY with Bourbon Peppercorn Cream Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
The wife picked up these prime grade NY from Costco for 14.99/lb over last weekend but I just have had time to post the cook.
D24EF9D9-F563-41E5-862F-22424AF35565.jpeg

Seasoned them up with a blend of kinders….
FFAE0AFD-FB2A-45EF-B793-E03A4156A2F1.jpeg

They went on the RT 1250 @ 180 to take a good smoke…. They were thick so they took smoke for 90 min till they hit an INT 100
3ECE3F68-5EFF-4D33-A66D-36C7637C78DF.jpeg

Did a super hot sear on the Weber sear station (I failed to get a pic)…….

The wife made up a bourbon peppercorn cream sauce from Gordon Ramsey’s HK cook book (the recipe called for cognac but we didn’t have so she subbed in bourbon…..holy smokes this sauce was off the chart! She simmered it long enough that the peppercorns where soft and almost sweet!
A56229DD-04F6-4826-B803-A57AF9BAAFEB.jpeg

My boy seared up the shrooms and my wife did a par boil on the spuds and then finished under the broiler with garlic butter…..
574BA959-C3D1-4DB6-87E5-A07A6732CE6C.jpeg

That looks incredible! So delicious! I’m in on this. I have steak in the SV as I type this but yours makes me want.

Now that's my kind of meal. Great family work on that one!
Thanks 6Grillz! Really luck to have helpers in the kitchen…..it allows me to focus on the protein and usually that pays off……but sometimes I get distracted too….
That looks incredible! So delicious! I’m in on this. I have steak in the SV as I type this but yours makes me want.
Many thanks SE! I’m a huge reverse sear fan….it gives it just that extra hint is clean smoke with char…… man now I’m going to have to do it again! Lol

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Wish I hadn't seen this on a Friday :) - there's always Saturday though!!!

Looks fantastic all-around!

Job well done by the Civil family. The whole plate look great.

Point for sure
Chris

Now thats a meat and taters plate I could fall in love with. Can the wife jar up that sauce and mail to Mississippi?!?!?

Jim

Well done! Those steaks look incredible.
Thanks Brian! It hit the beef craving spot for sure!
Great lookin steak . Looks perfect .
Thanks chop, much appreciated
Gorgeous plate Civil, I'd be all over that! RAY
Many thanks RAY! The I’m usually not a super game of peppercorn sauce but GRs version has me hooked!
Wish I hadn't seen this on a Friday :) - there's always Saturday though!!!

Looks fantastic all-around!
Thanks GG! Yes this meal works on Saturday too! Lol

Job well done by the Civil family. The whole plate look great.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris much appreciated! Lucky to have a house full of cookers for sure, it really makes a difference in the level of effort!
Man that looks off the charts good! The sear on the steak and that sauce!! Wow
Thanks jcam! The Weber sear station can get crazy hot for a quick sear! I’m thinking this is my new fav sauce for NYs!
Now thats a meat and taters plate I could fall in love with. Can the wife jar up that sauce and mail to Mississippi?!?!?

Jim
Thanks Jim, My wife has the taters down! Man I just LOVE um! I wish I could bottle it as well. I know we are going to make it many times in the future….GR just knows flavors!
That looks fantastic
Thanks NB!

Man alive what a fantastic looking plate!! You know that'd go over really well around our house. Beautiful meal and I'm loving the sound of that sauce.

Robert

Man alive what a fantastic looking plate!! You know that'd go over really well around our house. Beautiful meal and I'm loving the sound of that sauce.

Robert
Thanks Robert! You need to get GR’s HK cook book, I think your mind would be blown by the techniques taught….just ask bauchjw bauchjw what he thinks about his cook books he got….. I would also like to see what you create with the gained knowledge…….
Holy Cow that looks good! Steaks done to perfection, and the sauce, the 'shrooms and the taters, spot-on! Nicely done! :emoji_thumbsup:

Red
Many thanks Red! It was about the perfect meat & potato’s place that can be……but in my book there is always room to try again to do better!

The wife picked up these prime grade NY from Costco for 14.99/lb over last weekend but I just have had time to post the cook.
View attachment 659678
Seasoned them up with a blend of kinders….
View attachment 659677
They went on the RT 1250 @ 180 to take a good smoke…. They were thick so they took smoke for 90 min till they hit an INT 100
View attachment 659679
Did a super hot sear on the Weber sear station (I failed to get a pic)…….

The wife made up a bourbon peppercorn cream sauce from Gordon Ramsey’s HK cook book (the recipe called for cognac but we didn’t have so she subbed in bourbon…..holy smokes this sauce was off the chart! She simmered it long enough that the peppercorns where soft and almost sweet!
View attachment 659680
My boy seared up the shrooms and my wife did a par boil on the spuds and then finished under the broiler with garlic butter…..
View attachment 659681
That looks so good!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky