Sous vide chicken: chermoula and grilled

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great!

What temp did you have the sv set at? I tried the 140 at first and the texture wasn’t to my liking. Then 145. Still not a big fan of the texture. I finally got to 150 and I love it. Thinks it’s perfect there. Wife still has issues with then trxture at 150 though.

Scott

I aimed for 140 (not very accurate - home rigged setup).

I baked some.with chermoula and grilled the rest. That ought to cook it a little further. We liked the texture a lot.

Got a lot of fatty skin from these chicks so schmaltz and cracklings are in order
20181029_122147_HDR-1.jpg

The chicken skin cracklin's look great, Atomic. Never heard of anyone doing that before.

Schmaltz doesn't look shabby, either. Your on a roll brother. (No pun intended. Didn't even see it till I was ready to mash "post").

The chicken skin cracklin's look great, Atomic. Never heard of anyone doing that before.
Really? This stuff, fried liver with onion and unlaid eggs were what my brother and I were fighting for when my mom was killing the hens before every winter.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky