Sourdough loaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I am starting to figure out this sourdough thing. I prefer the loaf shape to the round. Been trying different recipes every week. This is my favorite. Doing a pumpernickel tomorrow to go with my corned beef that comes up of its bath today.

64381201_2783042815046342_6626814545484578816_n.jpg

Your bread looks unbelievable...great oven spring. I bounced between a boule but have settled on a fat baguette style done in a commercial form. I bake 2 loaves at a time every other week. I use a loaf a week for breakfast toast with melted cheese. My loaves are 50% whole wheat sourdough. My sourdough bread comes out more sweet than sour yet my culture is strong. How would you describe the taste of your sourdough?

Here is one of my loaves sliced on an angle the way I use for breakfast toast. This one may be 25% WW. I sometimes add seeds in the bread (chia, millet, flax) along with sesame on the top. I do make a sponge, 24 hour autolyse and 36 to 48 hour cold rise in fridge.
bread_resized.jpg

Wow those look great. I am still pretty new to sourdough. Have only weekends free and not much time to experiment.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky