Soup Forum?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We have Cheese-Making and Beer & Ale forums. Soups/stews wouldn't be any farther away from smoking (and/or) meats than they are. Many s/s incorporate smoked ingredients or, much like cheese and beer, at least complement them.

While I appreciate mods staying conservative on opening any new forums, I don't think this is the "scope creep" that might undermine the sense of community like, say, Movie Reviews or Personal Ads could (for those, there's the Blowing Smoke forum, anyway...!).

Well we also have tags you cN put on a thread then you can search by tags too.
Brian
I am very interested in expanding the use of tags to improve the search feature.
As some have pointed out there is A to Z categories outside of "smoked meat" and I find it difficult to try and read them all.

I actually find it easy to just post the soup with the protein of choice In the correct forum. We will all still see it. If you think about it, we all get wound up about soup in winter, but that forum would be pretty much dead 8 months out of the year. We have Poultry, Pork, Beef, Lamb, maybe seafood, not sure on that one, but then there is sausage, bacon, good grief pretty much all the meat groups are covered. I don’t really mind a crockpot beef in the beef forum, so soup is just as acceptable, as an example, and for the months that soup isn’t a hot topic, but you made some anyways, it will get more exposure in the correct protein forum anyway. Just my thoughts.

If there is interest in soup I am going to post a few going forward. I have a couple recipies that have became real favorites with everyone who's had them.
French pumpkin, crab and shellfish chowder, bean soup with sausage, and a couple potato based ones.
Living on the planet Hoth it's soup season about 9 months if the year here

If there is interest in soup I am going to post a few going forward. I have a couple recipies that have became real favorites with everyone who's had them.
French pumpkin, crab and shellfish chowder, bean soup with sausage, and a couple potato based ones.
Those all sounds amazing and would all be appreciated by many I’m sure.

Recipes are always welcomed! If you can, post up some pictures as you prepare your soups, this site loves the visual aspect!

Reactions: jcam222 and kuroki
I want one of those vertical rotisseries, but I think I'm on pretty thin ice after a 40qt stock pot showed up in the mail today. And the meat grinder I have coming likely won't help my case

I had built a horizontal roasting spit with a tray for charcoal under it years ago for a couple of whole lamb roasts back when I raised sheep. Had scratch made pitas, and large quantities of wine with it. Was an awful good time. I found you had to be pretty drunk to not mind standing there turning a crank by hand all day though

Reactions: halleoneagain
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky