Something to Take Our Minds off of Our Current Situation.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Any love for jam bands like Widespread panic and OAR?
I saw Widespread Panic the first time in Athens, GA in 88 and have been seeing them ever since. Don't get to see them like we used to since they don't tour like they used to. Saw my first Dead show in 88 as well. The "Jam Band" scene has been my favorite ever since, but I listen to almost every genre of music from jazz to country / bluegrass to Metal and have seen more bands live than I would ever be able to count or remember.

My favorites are:

Grateful Dead
Allman Brothers Band
Widespread Panic
Gov't Mule
Tedeschi Trucks Band
Chris Robinson Brotherhood
The Marcus King Band
Blackberry Smoke
The Allman Betts Band
Billy Strings

I really enjoyed reading through this thread. Lots of good bands. Here's a few more videos for your viewing pleasure. This is some newer stuff that is out there and very good.

I saw Widespread Panic the first time in Athens, GA in 88 and have been seeing them ever since. Don't get to see them like we used to since they don't tour like they used to. Saw my first Dead show in 88 as well. The "Jam Band" scene has been my favorite ever since, but I listen to almost every genre of music from jazz to country / bluegrass to Metal and have seen more bands live than I would ever be able to count or remember.

My favorites are:

Grateful Dead
Allman Brothers Band
Widespread Panic
Gov't Mule
Tedeschi Trucks Band
Chris Robinson Brotherhood
The Marcus King Band
Blackberry Smoke
The Allman Betts Band
Billy Strings

I really enjoyed reading through this thread. Lots of good bands. Here's a few more videos for your viewing pleasure. This is some newer stuff that is out there and very good.

Man that WSP is just about as good as it gets. I've watched that video twice since you've posted it. Way cool.

Rock, Blues, Reggae. I record concerts and had tickets to 40 shows that were either postponed or cancelled. I did get to see a few great shows before it all shut down including Eric Clapton's tribute to Ginger Baker in London, The Allman's 50th in NY, Hot Tuna, Buddy Guy, Alan Parsons and Stanley Jordan. Postponed / cancelled included Rolling Stones, Neil Young, Roger Waters, Thom Yorke, Ben Harper, Devil Makes Three, Joan Osborne, Jimmy Vaughan, Love Rocks Benefit and a bunch of others.

Besides smoking meats I am spending time organizing the music collection 20,000 plus concerts and deep into the Neil Young shows right now.

AZ I have heard it. Good Stuff! Really looking forward to the new album. Their first album was really good. We had tickets to see them in May and in August. Both shows have been rescheduled. The May show rescheduled for October..probably going to get cancelled as well. At least there has been some good live music streaming on line the last few months.

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Rock, Blues, Reggae. I record concerts and had tickets to 40 shows that were either postponed or cancelled. I did get to see a few great shows before it all shut down including Eric Clapton's tribute to Ginger Baker in London, The Allman's 50th in NY, Hot Tuna, Buddy Guy, Alan Parsons and Stanley Jordan. Postponed / cancelled included Rolling Stones, Neil Young, Roger Waters, Thom Yorke, Ben Harper, Devil Makes Three, Joan Osborne, Jimmy Vaughan, Love Rocks Benefit and a bunch of others.

Besides smoking meats I am spending time organizing the music collection 20,000 plus concerts and deep into the Neil Young shows right now.

Hey daspy,
Do you post any of those recordings for download? I have a large live music collection, but am always looking for more.

AZ I have heard it. Good Stuff! Really looking forward to the new album. Their first album was really good. We had tickets to see them in May and in August. Both shows have been rescheduled. The May show rescheduled for October..probably going to get cancelled as well. At least there has been some good live music streaming on line the last few months.

Was supposed to see them too. I saw the Allmans Family Revival show at the Fillmore in SF in December.

Well people sorry to knock the cobwebs off of this thread but I was tossing and turning last night for hours and Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs kept going through my head most of that time....

John

I learn so much on this forum. I"d never heard of Tedeschi Trucks before (thanks billdawg) but they are ALL excellent musicians/craftsmen. And that Derek Trucks with his axe...oh my Goodness. I'm actually a classical music guy but I know talent.

Reactions: billdawg
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky