Some of our members got to try out Todd's A-MAZE-N Pellet Smoker - see what they thought of it!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Do the fine folks at AMAZEN Pellet Smokers ever offer shipping specials/
Yes Todd does.... Fast, fair, friendly, honest and the best smoke generator in the industry... that is pretty special....  

And he offers Pitmaster's Choice pellets too..... the finest, smoothest, most delicate smoke aroma and flavor you can find......  Other than that, he's pretty much "Run of the Mill" all around great guy that supports this forum with a few "free-bees" for the competitions..... 
biggrin.gif

No, I don't work for the company....  I have done some testing for him and tested his new products.... I am impressed with Todd and his company....  Does it show ??    Dave

2 years ago I made a life changing decision to move from a hometown I had been in for 46 years, selling and giving away 98-percent of everything we owned. One of the toughest things to see go was my array of grills and a smoker I had fallen in love with.  With 5 suitcases, my wife and I moved from Minnesota to the US Virgin island of St. John.  

I set that stage to say that very soon after moving I bought a Weber Kettle and then realized there was no quality woods for smoking. With the help of SMF, I was turned onto Todd and his products and quickly ordered it. Todd even had to add the Virgin Islands as an option to online ordering (Thanks Todd!!)  Huge cudos to the quality of his service and going way above the standard for someone he had never met.

Once I received the AMNS, I was so relieved that I could once again produce high quality smoked items with just the Weber Kettle. Then he made the AMNPS, and I had to try it. So easy to use and the results are fantastic. 

I just received some of the Pitmaster Choice mix and when I did a batch of cheese just a few days ago my wife was raving about the sweet smell of the TBS.  I always sneak a taste before setting it in the fridge for it's rest, and I can hardly wait for the 2 weeks so I can get at the cheeses I did. Fantastic smell, and my ribs have never been more flavorful.

John Westgard

Last edited:
Last week i talked to Todd and asked him if he could make a 6" round AMZNPS for my wsj/mod.

He said on its way.

Here is the 6" in my wsj/mod cold smoking some cheese sticks.

Note there is no charcoal or fan device in the bottom.

This pic is burn about half way, approx 1.5 hours

Now lets smoke cheese.

Cheese sticks in the smoke

Cheese all done. Gave the sticks 2 hours of smoke. Normally i vac seal but my sealer is in storage until we get full time in the RV.

A video for ya.

Another fine AMZNS Product....Thanks Todd

Last edited:
Gotta throw my 2 cents in as well. I have made nuts, several kinds of cheese, and the best bacon I 've ever had among other things. All made with ease and great satisfaction to family and friends. Even got a couple of buddies to buy thier own AMNPS. Thank you thank you Todd!!

Luv mine just did somemore cheese this weekend.

very Nice video Nepas  - what size pot is that I think i want to build one of those smokers just for cheeze and salmon. is that a aluminum pot?? I wonder if a old

granite canner would work??

Great job on that 6" tube Todd. I may be calling you for one also.

Last edited:
Luv mine just did somemore cheese this weekend.

very Nice video Nepas  - what size pot is that I think i want to build one of those smokers just for cheeze and salmon. is that a aluminum pot?? I wonder if a old

granite canner would work??

Great job on that 6" tube Todd. I may be calling you for one also.
Pot needs to be a 32qt. Anything else will either be to small around or to big and wont sit inside the sjoe.

Yes its a 32 qt Imusa tamale/steamer.

Last edited:
I have been curing pork loin for 8 days got my new amnps and pellets in the mail today.

Placed AMNPS in oven to burn off residual oil as instructed.

Lit smoker on both ends with propane torch and it would not stay burning for the 10 minutes suggested,  Relit same thing but is smoking.

Placed in mes 40 with wood pan and wood loader removed stopped smoking within ten minutes.

Repeated process same results.

What is going on any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is it possible the pellets are moist?

I am using hickory pellets I purchased with my AMNPS.

mfritz, you may be right on the pellets try putting them in the microwave for about 10sec or so, also do a search they have talked about putting pellet in microwave quite a bit around here, also try to call or email Todd he will help for sure.

just did a search and they said about a 1 minute in microwave.

Last edited:
If it has stopped smoking, it's most likely starving for oxygen

I am assuming you're cold smoking....Correct?

A slight breeze makes all the difference, especially, when it's been so hot and humid out

TJ

mfritz, you may be right on the pellets try putting them in the microwave for about 10sec or so, also do a search they have talked about putting pellet in microwave quite a bit around here, also try to call or email Todd he will help for sure.

just did a search and they said about a 1 minute in microwave.
Yep, this is what I do too. Works like a charm.
icon14.gif

Todd has a great product!

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies I switched to a different bag of pellets and it worked great would the microwave be the best way to dry out the hickory pellets I have a cabelas dehydrator thought maybe that would work I'd hate to throw out 5 lbs of pellets.  By the way The pork turned out great,  Thin sliced it for Canadian bacon.  The AMNPS is going to great I was having problems getting enough smoke from the MES alone now smoke galore.  Great product

Where in a Bullet Smoker is the best location for the AMNPS? In my Brinkmann Electric Gourmet, I put a grate above the element....put an upside down pie pan on the grill grate and the AMNPS on the pie pan. I have good airflow for the smoke and get about 2-2.5 hours in one row, however I think the temps are too high in its current location. Would it be better to drill 3 holes to install a grill grate at a higher elevation from the element, or B) Put the AMNPS in the empty Water Bowl and install a foil tent.

Thanks for your replies I switched to a different bag of pellets and it worked great would the microwave be the best way to dry out the hickory pellets I have a cabelas dehydrator thought maybe that would work I'd hate to throw out 5 lbs of pellets.  By the way The pork turned out great,  Thin sliced it for Canadian bacon.  The AMNPS is going to great I was having problems getting enough smoke from the MES alone now smoke galore.  Great product
 Don't toss the Hickory pellets you just need to get them dryer. The Dehydrator will work...Or... It may just be easier to nuke them as needed or load the AMNPS and heat/dry the pellets inside your Smoker while it is preheating...JJ

A thin layer of maple pellets on the bottom... then covered with hickory pellets works well also. Hickory is one of the harder pellets to burn by itself while the maple seams to burn with ease. The combination of the two pellets works well. This method works well with cherry pellets also.
Beer.gif

Len

Glad to see that I am not the only person that the AMNPS won't work for.  I have done everything that I can think of and the pellets won't stay smoking, hell I can't even keep them burning and I'm using a propane torch to light them.

Its all about the moisture content and having enough O2 to keep them going - same issue I had with charcoal use and now that is solved!  Follow the directions to the letter and it should be no problem.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky