Some fun with the new SNS kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
Hey everyone,
It’s been a crazy month on my end but I’ve been reading all the awesome cooks everyone has been killing lately.

A few months ago I posted a thread about the new SNS kettle and I wasn’t sure about it vs a Weber performer (among other things). Well, after seeing BBM review it and some others on YouTube I decided to take the plunge.

It was easy to build but right off the bat the tabs to hold the grill grate were angled at different slopes and there was a chip next to one of the tabs. No biggie, they were super responsive and are shipping a new bowl out to me.
20FF081C-79E8-44E0-A5B6-918B778FA70C.jpeg 45FE6112-5692-48E2-998A-DE0810B39605.jpeg
So I went and started learning it. I did some jalapeños and red onions to get a feel for temp control with the original SnS inside. Gotta get a feel for it since the vents are a bit different than a Weber but all in all it wasn’t too bad:

0B044F73-20FF-4271-A257-F0CE8C3DC7CD.jpeg
7EF4F206-FCEE-413F-9E07-3674C40F0073.jpeg

Next I did some cedar plank salmon on the grill with roasted green beans and a cucumber tomato salad. The salmon was my favorite I’ve eaten. That’s could be for lots of reasons but it was great:
B6CF20B8-A749-41DA-AEEC-D01656386ED5.jpeg 6F27B6C5-7A8B-49BC-8ACD-C5CDE2C9D608.jpeg DCB040D9-2AAD-4ADA-83EF-2915517ECF36.jpeg

And tonight I dry brined some chicken breasts then grilled them up with some squash. Again a winner. The wife said it was the best chicken in a while and asked if it was bc of the new grill. (Mental note- next time agree and use it as a reason to buy more things).
67610FD3-C65A-4C90-975A-DB41D7B6EAFA.jpeg

So mostly as a kettle it’s pretty darn good. I think my biggest complaint is that the grate has wiggle room around the bowl but that’s probably for the “spin grate” thing they preach.

Looking forward to using it to smoke some stuff sometime.

Hope everyone is staying well!

After seeing this post and the snapper ceviche post, you guys convinced me I need more fish in my diet (usually only once a month)! Dang that looks great and happy to hear the new unit is working well. Congrats.

Reactions: JCAP
Just wanted to update this post: SNS got a new kettle bowl out to me really fast and now everything is as expected. Great service.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky