SoFlaQuer's Finishing Sauce (For Pulled Pork)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

soflaquer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 3, 2005
Stuart and Palm Beach, Florida
I copied this to a separate post due to the requests for it!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Finishing Sauce I use is as follows:

1 Cup Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning
1 Teaspoon Course Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes

Warm the Vinegar up enough so that it disolves the Sugar well. Then add the remaining ingredients.

I use it in one of those clear Ketchup bottles you can get from Wally World for about $0.99. Snip a little bit larger hole out of the spout with a pair of scissors. Once all your ingredients are mixed together, put your finger over the top, and shake vigorously.

Randomly squirt this over warm freshly pulled Pork, then kind of mix it up with gloved hands. This adds very little heat (despite the Red Pepper) and mellows out the stronger, gamier parts of the Shoulder. The Vinegar also helps break it down even more for some REAL juiicy pork.

Personally, I eat it just like that, but your guests can add whatever "Q sauce they prefer once it's on their plates or bun!

If you've never done Pulled Pork with a "Finishing Sauce" before, you're in for a real treat!!!! It's the secret ingredient that alot of Quer's don't know about, and part of the reason people at my 'Q Parties say "they've never had Pulled Pork that tasted this good, before!".

Jeff

thanks for this Jeff... i did my first butt yesterday and pulled it... was one of the best things that have come off of my smoker as of yet...

took the leftovers to the missus's family(who are the pickiest eaters in the world), they were all quiet which meant they were all eating... they also just hired me for any family reunions or anything they could think of as long as i cook...

thanks again for the finishing sauce

I keep reading this forum and am amazed at the quality of it. The recipes being shared are incredible and wow I have a growing list of recipes to try.

Thanks to SoFlaQuer for this recipe and everyone else who shares the incredible recipes I see here!

SoFlaQuer I was recently in your neck of the woods. I stayed at the river palm cottages(stuart) for a weekend fishing trip early this month. Love it there! I just wish your tarpon were more cooperative!

If anyone has not tried this finishing sauce, you are missing out. I will not do pulled pork without it! Thanks SoFlaQuer
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Going to try next time I smoke a butt. Sounds great and simple. The way I like things. Can I subtitute Zatarains if i have on hand or have you tried that and not good.
Rick

I grew up in Eastern NC so this is right up my ally. Have made something similar before. Just made some last week. Only real difference was I did put about 2 tblsps of ketchup mainly just for coloring. Any ideas on how long it would be good for setting out at room temp? If I remember corectly, the Q restaurants would leave those bottles out all of the time.

I'm no food expert, but I would think the vinegar in it wuold keep all the little uglies at bay since it's such an acidic envrionment. But again........maybe just keep it in the fridge.

One of the things that I noticed that if you leave it rest for extended periods of time the "heat" really kicks in. I always wondered how adding the red pepper flakes did not seem to make it too hot. However once left to sit in the mixture it does heat it up really nice.

To all who read this. If you have not tried this recipe, you are missing out on some good eats. I tried this on pulled pork for Easter dinner. the family raved about the taste of the pork. Thanks SoFlaQuer for sharing.

I'm doing my 3rd pork butt smoke this weekend and am going to use the finishing sauce for the first time. My co-workers have sampled the pulled pork about two weeks ago and loved it. I'm banking on the finishing sauce throwing the reviews into hopefully, a few side jobs.

From what prior posts have mentioned, I'll wait to add the finishing sauce to the pork the morning of the luncheon, as it heats up in the crock pot. Don't want the meat to get too mushy ...

Thanks to SoFlaQuer for sharing!

This looks great. I want to try this next time I do pulled pork. I can't get cajun seasoning in this part of the world. Any one have any suggestions for a substitute?

i'm not sure what you have for spices over there that compare but, when i was in ghana i used "peppae" a lot. not sure of the spelling but it was a reddish/orange hot pepper powder which had some really nice heat/flavor for pretty much anything. i used it on diff kinds of meats/chicken as a topping spice and i especially loved it on my late night egg sandwiches!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky