So many different opinions on brining and injecting

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Brine and Inject?

• Brine only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brine and inject

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

custom99

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Pittsburgh - South Hills
It's amazing how many different opinions there are on how to deal with turkeys. With all the different shows that are on these days about cooking you could lose your mind figuring out what to do. I was watching one show on NBC in the morning when they were saying to not to unwrap a turkey to thaw it and that both brining AND injecting are good. A show on Food Network says to unwrap the turkey and thaw in pan with plastic wrap and that both brining AND injecting will make the meat soggy. I bought fresh turkey and breast this year. The turkey is being done by the wife in the oven. I am doing the breast in the smoker. The breast is brining now in the slaughterhouse recipe. I still cant decide whether to inject or not. I just want my first smoked breast to be as juicy as possible.

BRINE!!!!!  
ROTF.gif

Seriously....Brine gets moisture and flavors in Plus Tenderizes.....Injections put Concentrated Flavor in the muscle.   You can keep the Brine simple and let it do it's thing, then add Intense Flavor with a Low Salt...Injection...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky