So I made some volcanoes...lol

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
I'm guessing when I rinsed them out. There was still some water left in the bottom. And it turned to steam. Made a mess. But still was yummy!

P8282924.jpg
P8282925.jpg
P8282927.jpg
P8282930.jpg

BOOM!!

I've made volcano potatoes before. Haven't seen these. Looking pretty good though. What'd you use for the filling?

Nice turds Steve, they look tasty.

Point for sure
Chris

Those look so good! I can never seem to clean them out well enough, and always end up with seeds and pith left in them. Do you have any tricks to help?

Those look so good! I can never seem to clean them out well enough, and always end up with seeds and pith left in them. Do you have any tricks to help?

They make jalapeño corers that work very well, if you are unfamiliar with them.

I have this one.
870774C2-972E-4B15-AFB3-34984D64E5F7.jpeg

I use a pepper corer like xray xray suggested. Then just rinse them out. For anything I can't get with that. Then I scrape it out with a teaspoon.

Looks good Steve,
that cheese the is still delicious inside or out.... Yum!
Damn, now my stomach is growling.

I like to wrap mine with the bacon going over the top of the chile, it helps a lot to keep the filling in.

Thanks for the tip. I'll do that the next time I make some.

Steve these look great! I need to get a pepper holder/stand so i can do them like this! I always cut lengthwise and wrap. Like!

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky