So everyone been killing it lately

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
You all been putting up some killer food latety. My to do list has become impossible. Thinking about printing my bookmarks and putting on a dart board! Everyone deserves a pat on the back and you new comers there are so many great folks here and so much talent and knowledge here you will never stop learning! In these crazy times nice to have a place where can feel at home.

Well said Brian! Especially the idea of to do list... it is ever growing!

Ryan

Me too. Got my Horizon offset after a long wait in October and I have used it at least once a week. I had 2 weeks were I did 3 cooks, My list so far has included brisket, port butts, St. Louis ribs, spare ribs, beef short ribs, turkey, whole chicken, chicken parts, boneless leg of lamb, bacon, albacore tuna, sausages. This weekend doing a pork loin and plan on salmon. I have learned so much on here and have tried things that I never thought I would be cooking.

Reactions: joetee
Me too. Got my Horizon offset after a long wait in October and I have used it at least once a week. I had 2 weeks were I did 3 cooks, My list so far has included brisket, port butts, St. Louis ribs, spare ribs, beef short ribs, turkey, whole chicken, chicken parts, boneless leg of lamb, bacon, albacore tuna, sausages. This weekend doing a pork loin and plan on salmon. I have learned so much on here and have tried things that I never thought I would be cooking.
You have been having fun for sure. I have four racks of baby backs I'm doing today.
I did some chicken 1/4's and thighs last week end. Smoked until 145° IT then grilled on direct heat until they were done. These came out incredibly good.

Agreed Brian. SMF not only kicked my smoking game way up, it kicked ALL my food game up. Would have never expected that.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Hey Brian, Ive been thinking the same thing! Alo feeling like I havent been cooking and posting near enough.

But I do have one hellofalist of must do cooks waiting for my time. :)

I just love this place!

I have to admit, this forum is a game changer for people just starting out. The people on here will help you when they can, and tell you what is good or bad. I am still a rookie with the smoker game. But in a short time with lots of reading posts and asking questions I have learned more than a book could ever of taught me. If you stick around here you will learn how to smoke meats, cheeses, spices, the list goes on. And ask if your not sure, someone will show you the way. And I would like to thank all the people on this forum for all their time in showing this old goat the right way to smoke. And in the process becoming a better smoker. And on here you can teach an old dog new tricks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky