So Cal Smokers Gathering Update 9/18

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
Things are starting to come together for our gathering

Aaron (Meat Inc)  has volunteered to do a brisket demo - how to prep and smoke a brisket for competition

Abel (LGHT) is a KCBS judge and will give a short talk about what judges look for when judging a competition

If anyone else would like to do a demo or talk please let me know. I will be doing a fresh mozzarella smoke to share with you on Saturday.

We have received confirmation that my friend  Todd from A MAZE N PRODUCTS is sending us a package to give away at the gathering 

Yesterday I received confirmation from Jeff that he is sending one of his books to be given out at the gathering 

I am on for TriTips for Saturday evening and am looking for some side dishes - please send me a PM if you can help 

Looks like we have about 10 -12 folks so far and would love to have more - if you have not confirmed with me yet please do so ASAP so we can plan for food. 

For those that have confirmed please send me a head count 

Here is the info thread in case you missed it 

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/126896/1st-so-cal-gathering-10-5-10-7-updated-info-9-7

It is coming up on 10 / 5-7  come join the fun 

If y'all are anywhere near there you should go check this out Gatherings are a great way to meet a bunch of our great members if I could be there I would be

I'm new to this forum and really I wish I could join you all... this looks like it will be an excellent gathering. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I'll be over in the U.K. on a 3 week holiday. I have the opportunity to smoke up various pork cuts in London and go to a friend's place in Wales for a Big Green Egg BBQ party. It will be fun to see how they do in across the pond.

The gathering is this weekend and we are hoping that more will come down even if it is only for the day - Please send me a PM so we can get the food lined up. It looks like we will have 3-4 smokers there on Saturday so if you have something you want to throw in let me know

Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend

Here is my cell in case you need anything

760 468 7104 

Not sure if I can make it gang, lost track of time with my weekend job and trying to get the house together for our baby on the way! My in-laws jammed up the wife to go camping with them this weekend too, so it will be tough to get my wife to give her parents for my hobby. We'll see though.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky