So Cal SMF Newbie! el_hoyo on IG!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ryan Scott

Original poster
Dec 15, 2019
Late 40’s. Southern California. Grew up So Cal and Houston Tx. Enjoyed Texas bbq for 20+ years in my younger years (prob still fav) brisket , smoked sausage etc . Been a food fanatic all my life. Love to experiment on everything and thoroughly enjoy taking the cheapest value of anything I can find and freakin peeps out with great food. I love the high quality equally

Worked for a couple years with a smoked bbq truck utilizing the hot smoked mesquite and charcoal barrel smokers. tri tips , ribs chicken some brisket. Have yet to get brisket close to my childhood Texas favorites.

I’m a member of a non profit that does enormous cookouts once a year. I’m one in charge of 400lbs of fresh fish which we prep cook and serve within 4-5 hours. There are about 25 divisions in group /diff meats game etc.

Have used decent gas bbqs, yet gave em away and now I use my Weber for most. Mostly red bag grilling and or snake ring smoke. Also do have a masterbuilt electric that’s used here and there was a gift from mom. Looking to build my own backyard smoker when I find exactly what I want to build !
Look forward to reading sharing and learning

Tried posting pic. All I’m getting is errors?

I have a page on Instagram “el_hoyo” where I upload some things occasionally.

-Ryan

Reactions: JC in GB
Late 40’s. Southern California. Grew up So Cal and Houston Tx. Enjoyed Texas bbq for 20+ years in my younger years (prob still fav) brisket , smoked sausage etc . Been a food fanatic all my life. Love to experiment on everything and thoroughly enjoy taking the cheapest value of anything I can find and freakin peeps out with great food. I love the high quality equally

Worked for a couple years with a smoked bbq truck utilizing the hot smoked mesquite and charcoal barrel smokers. tri tips , ribs chicken some brisket. Have yet to get brisket close to my childhood Texas favorites.

I’m a member of a non profit that does enormous cookouts once a year. I’m one in charge of 400lbs of fresh fish which we prep cook and serve within 4-5 hours. There are about 25 divisions in group /diff meats game etc.

Have used decent gas bbqs, yet gave em away and now I use my Weber for most. Mostly red bag grilling and or snake ring smoke. Also do have a masterbuilt electric that’s used here and there was a gift from mom. Looking to build my own backyard smoker when I find exactly what I want to build !
Look forward to reading sharing and learning

Tried posting pic. All I’m getting is errors?

I have a page on Instagram “el_hoyo” where I upload some things occasionally.

-Ryan
Now that's a good intro. Mine feels so inadequate. Well, I love smoked meats, so I guess this is the place.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky