So Cal Gathering 10/5 and 10/6 - Updated 10/7

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
We just wanted to remind everyone that the gathering is this weekend. Even if you can only come out for the day, please consider doing it. The day rate for a car is only $6.00 per car. 

I have received a copy of Jeff's new book and some goodies from Todd at A-MAZE-N Smokers to use for a drawing we will have. 

We have 3 of us bringing smokers out and will be making some goodies to snack on during the day. I will be smoking some cheese that we can consume right away and some nuts and later in the morning we will throw some wings in for lunch.

I will be smoking TriTip for dinner and we have some beans and a cobbler for dessert.

We really need a head count even if you can only come for part of the day so we can make sure to have enough food. Yes you can bring the wives and kids just let us know how many 

We look forward to meeting as many of you as we can

Here are the links to the info

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/126896/1st-so-cal-gathering-10-5-10-7-updated-info-9-7

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/127747/so-cal-smokers-gathering-update-9-18

Gary 

Last edited:
The package from Todd arrived this afternoon and we have a bunch of goodies to give out at the gathering

1 AMNPS (Pellet Smokers) with pellets

2 AMNTS  (Tube Smokers)  with pellets

2 Probe Thermometers

This is in addition to Jeff's Book so come on out have some fun and enter for a chance to win some great prizes.

sounds like it will be a great time.

Hows it going out there in So Cal.... Pics please...........
102.gif

Joe

Gary I hope y'all are having a great time

Hey everyone we had 5 members and 5 guests and are still in a food coma 

We had a blast. The whole campground kept coming by to check us out 

Abel took some great pics and will get me a link to the pics to post them  

I smoked some fresh mozzarella - chipotle garlic nuts - Daves hot wings and a 3 TriTips with Java Rub 

We also made some potato salad 

Abel smoked two butts - beans and a peach cobbler

Aaron smoked some chicken stackers and gave a brisket trimming demo then he smoked that too and finished with some burnt ends

This morning we had some of my homemade chorizo with potatoes and eggs in tortillas and Aarom smoked some sausage and Cinnamon Rolls

A great weekend and some new friendships 

sounds like a good time. cant wait to see the results

Had a great time just sitting by the smoker and enjoying a huge selection of various smoked foods like meats, nuts, cheese, cobbler just to name a few.  I took tons of pics and will get them online soon.

Can't wait for the next gathering!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky