Snack stick storage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

backyard bbq

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Wernersville, pa
Ok so I understand that you can leave a properly cured snack stick on the counter for about a week. My question is this, I had vacuum sealed some and just thawed then on the counter for a day. Can I still have them on the counter for a week or do they need to ref right away since they were frozen? These we hi mountain sticks by the way. Thanks!

I have no problem leaving mine out that long and longer-before and after a thaw. I feel other factors are involved other than proper curing.

Xlnt looking stix Kevin.....and such a good idea with the Costco nut or candy jugs. I've used them before for storing pickled eggs...lol....kinda cool to float a dozen in one of those, seem just the right size.

A brown paper sack will also work for fridge storage to further reduce moisture content of snack sticks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky