Snack Sick mixture

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

spudsuds

Original poster
May 2, 2016
I  ran out of collagen casings in the middle of making snack sticks today. I thought I had enough but nope. Anyway my question is how long will my meat mixture last? I cant get more casings for 6 days. Can I freeze it and use it later or is it just trash now. I used #1 cure and its already mixed into the meat.

Thanks

I thought about that but I have a small electric smoker and would not be able to hang them without casings. If I use the racks then I wont have enough room. Thankfully a local butcher was nice enough to sell me some casings so Im back in business now. He also told me that it is alright to freeze the meat mixture after the cure has been added.

Thank You

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky