Smorgasboard- Fatty, Chicken, Aged Ribeye, Venison Meatloaf, Mac n cheese (Lotsa Qview)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmusser

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 11, 2020
Sorry this may be a long one....
Wanted to try the spatchcock chicken and then figured lets fill her up. This was honestly the best meal I think I have ever made. Fed a LOT of neighbors and friends.

Fatty as a thank you for some brewery friends- leftovers from breakfast cook with added homemade bacon and hot breakfast sausage link, shredded cheddar, MC The Gospel
IMG_2635.jpg

And maybe a piece of wrapper from my new scraper... didn't see that til this pic, LOL

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2666.jpg

Saving to sous vide and serve to them.

Chicken- 1st try at spatchcock- just cut out backbone, broke my kitchen shears doing this. Not sure how well I did, but you cannot taste that.
IMG_2632.jpg

Injected with garlic and melted butter, rubbed with cajun and paprika
IMG_2633.jpg

IMG_2653.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg

Chicken Part 2- Bnls thighs coated with avacado oil and Penzeys Adobo (1 tsp per pound), needs more for future reference
IMG_2630.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

Meatloaf- Had some venison out to mix in for sausage but my grinder broke. My inner dialogue- "Last of my venison burger, defrosted, be resourceful"
3# venison burger
2# HOT italian sausage
4 cups milk
4 cups breadcrumbs
4 cups ketchup
Some mustard
2 bags shredded cheddar
a bunch o cajun seasoning
5 eggs
totally forgot onion
Top with ketchup/brown sugar mix last 20 minutes
IMG_2645.jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

Prob my best meatloaf yet. Sweet, smokey, and the perfect bite from hot italian sausage

Mac n Cheese- First smoked and just a blend of recipes and tips
4 cups elbow mac
1/2 pack Velveeta
Smoked Muenster
4 cups Milk
Bag of shredded cheddar
Stick of butter
Seasoning
1 can Cheddar Soup
Didn't look too tasty going in. Stirred every so often. OMG was this tasty!
IMG_2647.jpg

IMG_2651.jpg

Aged Ribeyes- 30 days in the UMAI bags, kosher salt and pepper, sat out a good hour, smoking hot grill, rest tented with a little butter, best steak I have ever had, SO BEEFY!!!

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2640.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

IMG_2663.jpg

Sliced up for everyone to get a taste, cooked to perfection. Definitely needed to be rare to med rare.

A few cook pics...
IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

IMG_2662.jpg

A few goody bags for neighbors. Overall a great experience and this is the reason I went to the pellet grill, volume. Wife made some amazing banana bread too.

During this cook, neighbor had friends over and asked if I had any smoked treats- I managed to get out from freezer and serve a tasting dish of smoked trout, smoked colby jack, smoked venison snack sticks, smoked brisket and half a rack of ribs. We have good friends that we also call neighbors here. It was a busy afternoon to say the least!

Attachments

• IMG_2641.jpg
    IMG_2641.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 6
Wow! Everything looks and sounds phenomenal! Pass me a plate please. How did you like using the SV for reheating?
Haven't reheated yet. Taking it in next week. I have loved the SV for reheating a lot of other things.

Good Lord, man you really put up a fantastic meal!
I’m sure your friends greatly appreciated all your hard work!
Very nicely done!!!
Al

WOW!! What a feast. A ton of food and a ton of work I'll bet but what an outcome. Great job bringing all that together.

Robert

W O W !!

That's a heck of a smoke! The prep work alone deserves a round of applause! Pulling it all together and being voted best neighbor ever is amazing work too!

Reactions: OldSmoke
Dittos on why I got a pellet smoker (Timberline 1300 in my case) as it can cook a ton of stuff. It took me about a month or two before I realized that having "only" four probes wasn't enough so I got a second InkBird (looks like you are using that as well?) to keep track of everything.

Did you sear the steak before or after?

A full smoker is a thing of beauty, and your is pure art. I’m in awe of your ability to prep, cook, and serve that many dishes. Wow, well done!

Man it all looks so good!! I’d especially tear up some of the thighs. Avocado oil is my go to cooking oil. Loving that fatty and meatloaf too!! I still have to try some aged steaks.

Thanks for all the feedback and the likes! Sorry it has been crazy busy around here so I am late getting back here.
That is a delicious looking feast.
Nice job.
Thank ya!
Good Lord, man you really put up a fantastic meal!
I’m sure your friends greatly appreciated all your hard work!
Very nicely done!!!
Al
Some happy bellies and smiling faces. Appreciate it.
Wow!!
That's an awful lot of Fantastic looking Vittles!!!
Nice Work!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear!
WOW!! What a feast. A ton of food and a ton of work I'll bet but what an outcome. Great job bringing all that together.

Robert
Appreciate it Robert!
Wow what an awsome spread of food!!!!
Thanks. It was quite a variety.
Outstanding job! Worth the like!!

I need to try that chicken on my Pellet smoker.
Thanks. I based it off Disco's Basic Pellet Smoke.
W O W !!

That's a heck of a smoke! The prep work alone deserves a round of applause! Pulling it all together and being voted best neighbor ever is amazing work too!
Like State Farm. LOL. Wasn't too bad. I enjoy the prep work, as a hobby.
Late seeing this but what an outstanding job!
Thanks Zippy!
Dittos on why I got a pellet smoker (Timberline 1300 in my case) as it can cook a ton of stuff. It took me about a month or two before I realized that having "only" four probes wasn't enough so I got a second InkBird (looks like you are using that as well?) to keep track of everything.

Did you sear the steak before or after?
Kicked around Wi-Fire Traeger and just went basic with wifi Inkbird. There may have been 10 probes in at one point. LOL
Steaks just went on grill, no smoke. Too much going on and didn't wanna risk it with $$$ steaks.
A full smoker is a thing of beauty, and your is pure art. I’m in awe of your ability to prep, cook, and serve that many dishes. Wow, well done!
Truly appreciate it. I hardly had time for a brew!
Man it all looks so good!! I’d especially tear up some of the thighs. Avocado oil is my go to cooking oil. Loving that fatty and meatloaf too!! I still have to try some aged steaks.
Thank you. The UMAI bags really make it simple, which is good for me. :) We pretty use avacado for all the cooking and olive for salds, etc.
Outstanding spread !! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
This fat guy likes a good spread. Thank you!
Big job , great finish. Looks like a fantastic meal, well done to pull all of that off

David
Thanks David. I like to make people happy, sometimes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky