Smoking With liquids

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

poorboykc

Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Kansas City
A newbie at this, wanted to smoke ribs with a liquid in with them, What could/should i use. Dont want to use water. Please help. Using a Rub also

I am not understanding the qustion, Are you talking about marinating the ribs, or injecting the ribs, or is your question about smoking the ribs using a liquid? Also what type of equipment are you using, and what type of ribs?

just puting a basic rub on the ribs, didnt know i could use say orange juice or apple juice as my liquid to keep my ribs moist, or is there another way i should/could do this

I spray the ribs while cooking about every 45 mins or so. I use a mixture of apple juice, pickle juice, whiskey. I used to experiment with different liquids in the water pan, but the only thing I noticed was that the yard smelled real good.

We use apple juice when we foil the ribs using a 3-2-1 method. Once all we had was a apple/peach/grape cocktail juice and it was pretty good too. I'd say use any fruit juice that you have on hand and you'll enjoy the results.

poorboy, if you're using a smoker with a water pan, you can put just about any liquid that you want in it from just plain h2o to some cheap brew to fruit juice. For mopping your ribs you can use any number of juices or combinations of liquids as suggested.

Drop into Roll Call and introduce youself to the members.

Thanks-

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky