Smoking with Dragon Fire...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BBQ Warlock

Original poster
May 11, 2016
Bethlehem, PA
Greetings everyone,

Found this Forum after searching how to properly season my new Smoker.

I currently reside in Eastern PA (USA) and just purchased my second smoker.

I got into Smoking Meat when I visited my brother and a friend of his had brought his Smoker over to a weekend event, and was making everything from Meat, to Corn, to Salsa (smoked inside of an Avocado).

I was not sure how much I would use it myself on my own, so I didn't want to dump a lot of money into my first smoker, so I made one out of two Terracotta Pots like this one:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Cheap-redneck-ceramic-smoker/

I ended up using it way more than I thought I would and loved coming up with all kinds of ideas of items I could smoke.

The very first thing I smoked in it was ripe Jalapeno to make my own Chipotle Peppers (attached pic)
After a season of fun smoking in this little pot, I decided to purchase a nice sized Smoker and picked up the Oklahoma Joe Highland Smoker.

I look forward to many more enjoyable smoking experiences and will be reading these forums for some great ideas!

Cheers,

Absinthe Dragon

Reactions: tbrtt1
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky