Smoking Turkey Thighs...???????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mj-air23

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Jamestown, North Dakota
Hey Everyone!

I am planning on smoking a batch of turkey thighs this weekend and am looking for tips and tricks to making this smoke a successful one. Any suggestions on brine and brining times, smoking temps and smoking times would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Having just smoked a 22 pound turkey I'm feeling like a professional now. I'd highly recommend using cure in your brine, Tender Quick or Instacure #1 at the recommended dosage on the package. It will impart a slightly "Hamey" taste and turn the meat a rich mahogany color, I think it;s the cat's *** though for smoked turkey. Brine for a day or two if you can, the longer the better in my opinion, it's really worth the effort and makes a superior product. Also go with a milder smoking wood, all the fruit woods are good, as is alder. Pecan is my personal favorite.
Jimbo

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky