Smoking tube questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SaintBBQ

Original poster
Dec 10, 2017
How do you cut off a smoke tube (i.e. snuff it when you want to put it out if all done cooking?

Over time you'll figure out the exact amount you'll need for any particular cook and there will be little to nothing left.

My 6" tube hold 2 hours worth, normally that is all I need. If I want to add some smoke flavor to what I'm grilling, then just fill it half and let it burn out. I have honestly never tried to put pellets out but the beer idea would work.

For what little bit of pellets or dust that's left, if there is any, just gets dumped out in the gravel drive in front of the barn.

I use a retired aluminum stove top pan to dump the leftover pellets into. The hot pellets, what there is, go out pretty fast. Very easy.

Reactions: Colin1230
I stop the AMNPS by separating the burned from the unburned.
When I was young my tube would burn out pretty quick, but learned to control it.

Bear

Reactions: SmokinAl
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky